What's new

Bourbon drinkers might find this interesting

Neat list ... Number one is a bit surprising.

I like that it's less about the hype of the bourbon's in the list, and gives a proper nod to the history of the brands.

Thanks for sharing that

Interesting. I was at the liquor store a few days ago, and they were doing a bourbon tasting. Not one to shy away from an opportunity, I nosed my way into it. It was Maker's offerings, and it was the first time I tried their "46". Quite good, and exceptionally smooth. I'm not typically a Maker's drinker, but I don't mind it if that's what's being served.

From that article, Bookers, Old Grand Dad, Knob Creek, and Wild Turkey are all excellent bourbons (well, all of them on that list are, but those are the ones I like the best). As a matter of fact, for my money, the bottles I'll reach for the most are well under $40 a bottle, are easy to find, and have little-to-no snob appeal. Used to be that they were half that price, but now that bourbon is trendy, it's all going up.

Makers, Knob Creek, and Bulleit Rye stay in my cupboard (and lately Woodford Reserve too).

Now I see how many more I have to try!

I have a bottle that is #8 on the list. Still sealed, awaiting for the evening of the day I retire...in about two years. It was casked and I was born in the same year, 1954. So it will be a proper way to celebrate the next phase of my life.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Jim Beam, of course!

jim-beam-most-important-bourbon.jpg

Top Bottom