What's new

Bob Dylan Appreciation Thread - Favorite Album/Song/Cover

I love this thread, which I just discovered today. I have been listening to Dylan for years and years, with my favorites evolving with time and experience. As far as staying power to this day, my favorite album is Blood on the Tracks. Favorite song? A tie between "Tangled Up In Blue" and "Idiot Wind" from the same album. And yes, I once went through a weird and painful divorce.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I love this thread, which I just discovered today. I have been listening to Dylan for years and years, with my favorites evolving with time and experience. As far as staying power to this day, my favorite album is Blood on the Tracks. Favorite song? A tie between "Tangled Up In Blue" and "Idiot Wind" from the same album. And yes, I once went through a weird and painful divorce.
Welcome to this thread, sir. Blood on the Tracks is my favorite Dylan album as well. Please stop by often and post here anytime. Nice to meet you, friend.

- Eric

Eric_75

rs-15991-20140630-dylan-1800-1404239461.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a question. Why is it that some YouTube don’t show up on my iPhone and others do. They are all available on my laptop. I’m sure I need to enable something, but I have no idea what.

Any suggestions so I’ll have a clue? Thanks, from a clueless, old man. <eg>

Eric_75

I have a question. Why is it that some YouTube don’t show up on my iPhone and others do. They are all available on my laptop. I’m sure I need to enable something, but I have no idea what.

Hmmm, I'm not sure my friend.

I think it’s somehow related to privacy/ad tracking. I went into safari settings on my iPad and turned all the security/tracking stuff off, cleared the history and data and I could see the embedded videos. A side effect of clearing the web data was getting logged out of the site as well, so the ads weren’t hidden by my contributor status. Jeez Louise I can’t imagine using this site without contributing or using a blocker. I’d rather continue clicking every YouTube link to see the video. It didn’t completely fix it, anyway. After navigating to a different page in this thread they started showing as unavailable again. I’ve seen other forums advise that YouTube videos have to be embedded using their video embed function, but i don’t even know if B&B has that option.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think it’s somehow related to privacy/ad tracking. I went into safari settings on my iPad and turned all the security/tracking stuff off, cleared the history and data and I could see the embedded videos. A side effect of clearing the web data was getting logged out of the site as well, so the ads weren’t hidden by my contributor status. Jeez Louise I can’t imagine using this site without contributing or using a blocker. I’d rather continue clicking every YouTube link to see the video. It didn’t completely fix it, anyway. After navigating to a different page in this thread they started showing as unavailable again. I’ve seen other forums advise that YouTube videos have to be embedded using their video embed function, but i don’t even know if B&B has that option.
Yeah. I'm just clicking on the links now.... Not sure what to change or as you said, if it's even possible.

it also has a lot to do with , if the person who posted the videos have them set to public or private and also if they are from the posters play list and whether the playlist is set to public or private... if a vid is set to private it will NOT display properly here...

this is a public vid.......

This is saved to a private list....

It was the same video but just had different setting where 1 is public and 1 is private....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
it also has a lot to do with , if the person who posted the videos have them set to public or private and also if they are from the posters play list and whether the playlist is set to public or private... if a vid is set to private it will NOT display properly here...

this is a public vid.......

This is saved to a private list....

It was the same video but just had different setting where 1 is public and 1 is private....
Thx. That actually makes sense.

My 50 year college graduation reunion is coming up in May.
You can imagine Bob Dylan’s impact on college campusus during those times.
What a Rock Star by The Last Waltz and the respect he was given.
So unique in every way.

Top Bottom