What's new

Bob Dylan Appreciation Thread - Favorite Album/Song/Cover

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
bob_dylan.jpg

Dylan with a Rheingold beer can on his knee? That beer was New York back then. My cousin and I spent many a night downing $.15 Rheingold drafts in the late 60s.

Rheingold extra dry, the official beer of the New York Mets. A working man's beer, I would say. I drank some myself. I feel vaguely nauseated as I type this. Not too sweet, not too bitter, not very flavorful at all. Once a big seller apparently, at least in and around NYC.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was able to access the whole 6+ hours of Dylan's Fragments collection on the airplane. It helped me survive the long flight from Amsterdam to Bali.. a grueling 12 hour flight to Singapore... then off the plane.... reboard the same plane after an hour and a half.... and the final 2 hours to Bali.... With all the dinner/snack interruptions....and chatting with my wife... I still didn't make it all the way through... but I was on song 53 out of 60. LOL

For me, it's still "Lay Lady, Lay".

It was my Dad's favorite.

A few years back, I remember reading that Dylan was arrested while going for a walk in Atlantic City. He was considered to be unsavory in appearance. He couldn't give the cops ID, as he was not in the habit of carrying ID. He's Bob freakin' Dylan.

But the cops were too young to know that. So they took him into custody. Someone at the police station was eventually able to say, "Yeah, that's Bob Dylan."

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
For me, it's still "Lay Lady, Lay".

It was my Dad's favorite.

A few years back, I remember reading that Dylan was arrested while going for a walk in Atlantic City. He was considered to be unsavory in appearance. He couldn't give the cops ID, as he was not in the habit of carrying ID. He's Bob freakin' Dylan.

But the cops were too young to know that. So they took him into custody. Someone at the police station was eventually able to say, "Yeah, that's Bob Dylan."
Yep, I remember that.

Top Bottom