What's new

blade disposal

Check inside your medicine cabinet. If it's older, it may have a slot for blades to drop between the walls. If it's newer, there may be an outline and thinner area of plastic that you're supposed to cut out to create one.

Steve

Check inside your medicine cabinet. If it's older, it may have a slot for blades to drop between the walls. If it's newer, there may be an outline and thinner area of plastic that you're supposed to cut out to create one.

Steve

wow, mine actually does, there was always stuff blocking the view and i never thought to look until you mentioned it. so im using that now. :biggrin:

I guess if you really wanted to take care of those pesky leftover blades, you could always keep a jug of hydrocholoric acid (muriatic acid for you pool owners) and toss them in there. :tongue_sm

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a hair gel container that I cut a slit in. After a year and a half of shaving I only have enough room for 30 more years worth of blades.

Steve
God forbid there's any electrical wiring under the medicine cabinet! :eek::eek:

And there's also this new thing called recycling...:w00t:
Can stainless steel blades actually be recycled? Sure, tin cans and smashed up cars, but tiny stainless DE blades?

-Mark

Well, they have to end up there sometime. The best way to dispose of them is by storing the used ones in the bottom end of the blade carrier until your 5 pack is finished. Most blade packs have these. The Derby one is a bit harder to find, as they put a little door on the box.

Then they can safely go in the bin.

Same here i reckon if this is on the box it must be safe to do, when i get blades without this i keep a package and cram them all in, no complaints as yet from the rubbish collection.

All the blade brands I get locally (all 3 of them) package blades wrapped in double layers of paper within cardboard boxes, so no slot for used blades. I just put the old blade into the papers from the new one, fold it shut again then snap the blade twice, once along it's lenght then again the opposite way. This leaves a little, tightly wrapped package that goes into the bathroom bin and then to the wheelie bin outside then into the machinery of the garbage truck. I figure there is zero chance of anyone getting cut on them. There is enough clutter in the bathroom from my wife's stuff without me adding anything extra like a blade bank.

Last edited:

Steve

A friend of mine tore into his walls in his bathroom and all these used blades spilled out. He was a little freaked out before he asked around and realized why they were there. :lol:

Hooray for the medicine cabinet blade slot*!
proxy.php

*Please note, the large label that says "Blade Slot" with accompanying arrow was not present within my medicine cabinet, but was added digitally to image at a later date. Your results may vary

Hooray for the medicine cabinet blade slot*!
proxy.php

*Please note, the large label that says "Blade Slot" with accompanying arrow was not present within my medicine cabinet, but was added digitally to image at a later date. Your results may vary

Great picture! I have taken the liberty of adding it to the Wiki, and have created a page for Blade Disposal. If you prefer that B&B not use this photo, let me know.

I have been putting them in an old metal Altoid mints box. Nice small size, plus when I am done I can tape it shut, so nobody in the sanitation system gets hurt. If I had kids around though I would have something more like a slotted plastic container that is sealed shut.

Top Bottom