What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I'm sorry to hear about the cut! It's because of the long head acting as a better lever arm. If force is applied to right side of the head unevenly (facing the razor), that applied torque can loosen the razor. This probably happened when maneuvering around the nose. If the whole razor is used evenly no such torque is applied and loosening is not possible. A DE experiences about half the torque for the same applied force so it's less likely to loosen under a similar force. I see no need to retire the razor. Simply tight the handle harder and/or use the provided washer to help fill that extra space. We can also send you a washer if you no longer have yours.
I had it as tight as I could get it with my fingers. I see no way the always keep the razor “even” when doing ATG or XTG passes around nose, on chin, etc. I shaved as I always have; this was the first time it came loose and spun.

I still have the washer, but, one of your videos on YouTube said it was just for shipping and not needed for shaving.

I appreciate the response. Your attention to your customers continues to be the best I’ve experienced in the industry.

SOTDTIBBS7.jpg

Well, I’mgradually increasing the gap on my Ti Osprey. Currently using level six ,getting great shaves,and seem to be adjusting my angles without thinking to get better results. Not sure if I’ll need to go up more, but I will just because I want to know. After all, seven might be the magic number. I did have to dose the adjusting mechanism several times with nano-oil to get a more reasonable resistance level on adjustment. Still stiffer than Icare for, but I hope things will wear in. I wonder if the stainless has a smoother mechanism.

Jack

B³ SOTD
SOTD-BBOCGT-G_2024-04-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" Silvertip D01 2-Band 14/42 🇩🇪
Soap: Clubman 🇺🇸
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC GT 🇺🇸
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5) 🇮🇳
ASL: Clubman 🇺🇸

A fabulous shave. :biggrin:
It's amazing to be back with my Grail Razor. I'd forgotten how wonderfully it shaves. :001_cool:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Top Bottom