What's new

Best leaf blower in the world!

Bought this 2 years ago and cleaned it up and rebuilt the carb. Best damn leaf blower ever and it’s from 1965. It runs perfect and starts on the first pull

Larry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
A lawn mower of that sort does indeed do an incredible job with leaves. However, an electric is a better choice. Gas powered lawn mowers pollute horribly (even if they are fun).

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve got a battery powered Craftsman blower. I ran it for about 10 minutes on a full charge and the battery died. It did do a good enough job for me…but another 10 minutes would have been nice. I can’t get the lawnmower next to the fence or I would use that. Long story short, I was blowing the leaves away from the electric fence.

I don’t worry about the leaves anywhere else in the yard. They can blow and lay wherever they want.

I use a manual reel mower for mowing and a gas for fall leaf clean up. It's the only reason I own the gas one.

The grass gets mowed and leaves mulched, in one pass. No bagging, no raking and it's great for the grass over the winter.

I will say this about that old lawn boy, you can take it an go right through a pile of leaves that’s about 2’ high and it just keeps going. Try that with a 4 stroke mower and I guarantee it will bog and then die out. With oak leaves blower is worthless, they are thick and tough. The 2 stroke throws them and chops them, makes bagging in those stupid paper bags easier and compact. Yes I still have to pick up and bag but when I can consolidate 15 bags down to 9 because of cutting the leaves smaller, that’s a win. The amazing thing is I ran that 2 stroke lawn boy for 2 hours and still had plenty of gas left. It may be a littly smokey like all 2 strokes are but it’s fuel efficient.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I’ve got a battery powered Craftsman blower. I ran it for about 10 minutes on a full charge and the battery died. It did do a good enough job for me…but another 10 minutes would have been nice. I can’t get the lawnmower next to the fence or I would use that. Long story short, I was blowing the leaves away from the electric fence.

I don’t worry about the leaves anywhere else in the yard. They can blow and lay wherever they want.
Wife and I are having that "discussion" right now. She adamantly wants a gas edger again. She curses the electric, and it's corded, so no battery issue. We will have a gas one and a neatly edged yard - and peace!

🤔 Except maybe when it's running...

AA

Bought this 2 years ago and cleaned it up and rebuilt the carb. Best damn leaf blower ever and it’s from 1965. It runs perfect and starts on the first pull

Larry
I dunno, I got a rake and a pair of ear plug and you can't beat that, I gave the rake to my wife and put on the ear plug. Believe it or not but the leaves get raked and bagged while I enjoy complete quiet time. But eh whatever works for you

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

The Craftsman electrics and indeed most lower end electrics have inadequate battery life, not enough to blow the front walks and the deck. My wide suggested buying more batteries, but then I would have a fairly large investment in a minimally adequate product. Not wishing to consign it to the landfill (and recycling what I can), I'll just keep taking recharging breaks and use the push broom more. It really is the better tool on smooth surface.

Top Bottom