What's new

Best AS for an interview?

Honestly, for a job interview, I would skip the aftershave entirely. Not necessary, and why take a chance on making any kind of impression on this day other than simply "neutral". This is one occasion where I would definitely skip it.

This thread has inspired me to conduct an experiment with my wife, who smells everything. I hug her everyday before I go to work, about ten minutes after I've applied my aftershave. She never comments on what I'm wearing, except when I wear the Veg. ("Talcum powdered cow patty.") When I wear cologne (EdT) in the evening, she smells it from across the room. I'll start asking her what she smells during our morning hugs.

I can't smell any of my aftershaves, except in fleeting instants, more than an hour after I apply. With a 40-minute commute, I think I'm safe. I'll see what she thinks.

As I said earlier, unless you're greeted with a hug rather than a handshake, I can't imagine any interviewer being able to discern a scent from your aftershave. Aftershave is like bath soap or deodorant--an element of personal hygiene.

Just don't wear the Veg...

Top Bottom