What's new

Best AS for an interview?

OK Gents, I have an interview on Wednesday and need to decide what AS to wear. Something subtle that says "you need to hire this guy." I am interviewing with a woman. Here's what I have:

Aqua Velva
Skin Bracer
Clubman Vanilla
Clubman regular or classic I guess
Old Spice classic
TOBS Sandalwood AS gel
Ogallala Bay Rum
Crown Shaving Bay Rum
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Fine AS sample pack with all the scents

Thoughts?

I hope she isn't allergic to after shaves or your potential place of employment does not have a "no fragrance" policy. That being said I would go with the Lucky Tiger.

I hope she isn't allergic to after shaves or your potential place of employment does not have a "no fragrance" policy. That being said I would go with the Lucky Tiger.

Crap, didn't even think of that. Maybe some Lucky Tiger on top of Eton College cream.

I love AS as much as anyone, but for an interview like this, I'd go with something really subtle, and in a really small quantity. I don't necessarily think you want her to smell anything at all.

But most of all, good luck!!!!!

Do not wear bay rum. I hate that smell. Scents are very personal and a strong scent may be off putting. Play it safe with aqua velva.

I agree with Badger Bill. I'd say no scent. If you must, use a scented soap. My feeling is it's highly unlikely any scent will win you a job, but it can definitely irritate a sensitive (job deciding) nose.

No scent is definitely best for a job interview. Many workplaces have fragrance free policies these days and besides you don't want to accidentally wear something that reminds her of the ex that cheated on her ;)

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll go with Lucky Tiger as the scent is mild and fades very quickly. I'll probably shave about 4 hours before the interview anyway so I should be good to go and feeling fine.

Definetly go for something with a light, crisp and clean scent. As unfortunante as it may seem, you need to have at least a somewhat pleasing appearance and a clean smell certainly helps. Some of you might disagree but I am in a position where I hire and it always helps if they smells as if they're freshly showered and groomed. Don't want anything overpowering, making the interviewer wish she could open a window or point a fan in your direction. I'd go with something like AV Ice Sport...it's fresh, clean, modern smelling, and doesn't overpower. The scent, after wearing it a while, is fleeting. Just right, in my opinion.

Surprised nobody suggested Arko followed by the Veg! :laugh:

Seriously, go with an AS that will have no scent by the time of the interview.

Top Bottom