What's new

Beer of the day - BOTD - 2024

IMG_0298.jpeg
Tank 7 American Saison draft

Last edited:
sierra nevada non alcoholic beer Trail Pass Golden...watery but good, better than Coors for certain, better than Budweiser for sure. Too bad its 10 bucks a six pack...when are they going to help us get off the sauce and offer a 24 pack of non alcoholic beer that doesn't cost the same as real beer.

I never got around to trying this one. Looking forward to it later this afternoon.

View attachment 1806123
I love this one, especially on warm FL summer days!

Had two good ones at the local craft place. Fremont Brewing Brew 7000, a potent barrel aged barleywine, and Collective Arts Life in the Clouds hazy IPA, which should have been a downer after the barleywine, but it was crisp and delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
The wife wanted a little road trip to Minnesota's North Shore this past weekend. These little excursions now have a price that we have to include a little something that interests the husband....

20240302_171642.jpg

20240302_171638.jpg

20240302_171634.jpg

This is Hoops Brewpub, Duluth MN. It's a large, beautiful place with great atmosphere, made even more amazing by the fact that they don't sell much, if any beer outside their own walls. They've got to be doing something right to keep the place in operation. Picked up 3 crowlers...

20240303_163249.jpg

This is their porter. Very nice. I got a Munich lager for the BIL, and he liked it. Almost fell off his chair when I told him what it cost. That's the price you pay for not drinking Heineken 😉.

Stopped by the craft beer place on my way home from dinner this evening and lucked into beer club night. After a 4oz pour of the Collective Arts IPA above, a guy poured me two small samples, and both were fantastic, especially since I was looking for a little dessert sweetness.

The first was Cuatro Años de Vida from Tripping Animals. Wow. I’m not sure I’d want more than 3 or 4 ounces of this. Aged in Woodford barrels, and it has the bourbon sweetness and alcohol, but the flavors are so nicely balanced. Long finish between sips. One of the best barrel aged imperial stouts I’ve had. Check the description of this one, and make sure you have people to share it!

The second was Strawberry Overtime from Corporate Ladder. It is a sour, but sooo thick and fruity, almost purée viscosity. It’s another one that I would only want a few ounces of at a time, but it helped satisfy the post dinner sweet tooth.

Both of these brewers are in state, and I will make a point to visit when I’m in the area.

Top Bottom