What's new

Beer of the day - BOTD - 2024

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pigeon Hill Brewing Company - MI Irish Stout (5% ABV)

20240308_150630.jpg

I did a big bike ride Saturday, but waited until Sunday afternoon for my reward: a tall pour of Leinenkugel Shandy. I was looking for a decent, light, Florida craft beer, but delightfully tacky places apparently don’t serve them. A better version of a shandy (clara) can be found in Barcelona!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Dragon's Milk Triple Mash. Friends, I have never had a beer that's 18.7% ABV. Looking forward to it.

View attachment 1810827
Update.

I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't as boozy as I thought it would be. Nice balance, imho.

Halfway through I could feel the effect and it was quite pleasant.

I paid $27.99 plus tax for the 4 pack. This is a great evening sipper. I would purchase this one again without hesitation.

Stopped by a new-to-me brewery yesterday, Santa Ana River Brewing (in Orange County, CA).
First had a west coast pale ale that I enjoyed. They had a cask beer as well which I had to try, I’m a sucker for cask and from chatting with the guy a bit it sounds like they make an effort to have a cask release as continuously as possible which I think is super cool. This was an American lager with kumquats, which I didn’t love the flavor profile of (too sweet) but I enjoyed being able to have.
IMG_1545.jpeg

Currently trying to loose some weight so I cut down on the beer but yesterday a buddy came over and we spilt two bottles.

Brauschneider Powidl (Plum) Porter 5.7% (No. 4 from left) - a veritable Desaster
No head, murky, barely discernible as beer, the plum a vague fruitiness that made it more into Kombucha than anything else.

Schlenkerla Erle Schwarzbier (No. 7) - a light 4.2% and good one
The smokiness on this one is very approachable and goes well with roasted malt notes and light body. There are no sweet or creamy notes in it.

1FDB8C42-E898-450F-8213-ABBF29F2C755.jpeg

Top Bottom