What's new

Baseball Playoffs

mmm...dodger dogs!

oh, and rafael, by the way, the dodgers aren't out of it yet so don't go placing your wagers on a subway series too soon.

thanks,
mike

BeachBum said:
How did the dodgers go this year?:001_cool:

They knock up a supurb hotdog at dodger stadium:o16:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
mikey said:
by the way, the dodgers aren't out of it yet so don't go placing your wagers on a subway series too soon.

The Yankees aren't exactly holding up their end of the bargain.:lol:

FriscoSoxFan said:

Pretty much. I always can sympathize with a dissappointed fan, I guess. But frankly, any organization that can be so arrogant as to seriously consider firing a long-time manager after 11 STRAIGHT YEARS OF BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS and four world championships in that time, needs to be taken down quite a few notches. That level of arrogance is just mind-boggling to me.

-Mo

The arrogance isn't just in the organization just look at what the fans have said about A-ROD. It is just shameful. Any team in MLB would love to have him. It is funny that after the things that fans were saying about him reached the media and media stood up for him the fans started changing their tune.

moses said:
Pretty much. I always can sympathize with a dissappointed fan, I guess. But frankly, any organization that can be so arrogant as to seriously consider firing a long-time manager after 11 STRAIGHT YEARS OF BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS and four world championships in that time, needs to be taken down quite a few notches. That level of arrogance is just mind-boggling to me.

-Mo

KHARMA??? Naaaa! I doubt Kharma(i.e bad -or- good luck) has much to do with 26 World Series Championships out of 39 World Series played by the Yankees(since 1884). Now let's look at the.......OOOOOH......let's see....um, the Red Sox. Six World Series Championships out of ONLY 9 played by the Red Sox since 1884. NOW THAT"S KHARMA!:lol:

Seriously though. It's all in jest! I love the Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry! The Yankees got beat and they deserved it. The Tiger's played very well, as a championship team should. The Yankees played like crap.

As for Joe Torre getting fired. Now that @##$@% me off. It reminds me of the days when Billy Martin kept getting fired and then rehired and hired...

AandW said:
KHARMA??? Naaaa! I doubt Kharma(i.e bad -or- good luck) has much to do with 26 World Series Championships out of 39 World Series played by the Yankees(since 1884). Now let's look at the.......OOOOOH......let's see....um, the Red Sox. Six World Series Championships out of ONLY 9 played by the Red Sox since 1884. NOW THAT"S KHARMA!:lol:

No NO. See, you do not understand. It is karmic repayment for the arrogance all those wins has created. :biggrin1:

Karma was 2004. :biggrin:

Seriously though. It's all in jest! I love the Yankees/Red Sox Rivalry! The Yankees got beat and they deserved it. The Tiger's played very well, as a championship team should. The Yankees played like crap.

Pretty much. As to both sentiments.

As for Joe Torre getting fired. Now that @##$@% me off. It reminds me of the days when Billy Martin kept getting fired and then rehired and hired...

Ah, so some Yankee fans feel that way too, then? Yeah, I just do not get it....

Bruce,

Btw, I notice you and I also may have something of a football rivalry..... Especially after one particularly unfortunate bowl game a couple years ago. Does not look like this is going to be our year either, but...

Edit: Having just looked at ESPN, perhaps some mutual sympathy is in order on this front.... The does increase the chances of a rematch of the aforementioned bowl, though. :devil:

-Mo

Top Bottom