What's new

Banks of Ganges barber video - Straight razor, no lather, talent!

You can tell there's some sort of oil or water (or mixture) on his beard area, both from the previous poster mentioning that the liquid can be seen running down his chest (and a bit drips off his beard at the beginning of the video), and also from the way the hair clumps and sticks together on the barber's arm/wrist.

That definitely looks like some mighty nice prep, whatever it is!!

Wow, the hair appears to have been super soaked. It looks like it was after he sat in a river for bathing, he used a total body prep I think he just sat in some water for a long time. Wow the hair just popped off in a swipe. Amazing

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That guy must do about what, a dozen or two shaved a day? For how many years? He doesn't look young.

That, my friends, is what experience looks like. :thumbup1:

Hey, I'm a noob to straights and thought all you guys could do that! I guess I'm not the only one who's impressed.

The razor looks very similar to a Parker SRW (though on second glance, it's not).

proxy.php

I purchased one from Amazon. Says "Made in India" right on the blade, though the writing and the Crescent Moon/Star graphic looks to be Arabic.
I've used the Parker once and got a near BBS with it (my first shave with a straight-type razor!). This guy could've shaved 25 customers in the time it took me to do that, though.

I like this kind of disposable blade razor.

K.T.

Last edited:
This barber has surely great skills, but the result gets IMHO overrated. This guy's hear of the beard looks so soft, he could get the same result using any safety razor. Nevertheless, the barber's technique is amazing, chapeau!

Top Bottom