What's new

B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board Group Buy** CLOSED****

Very beautiful board. I'm already saving pennies due to the Iron Ranger thread. Guess I need to start another fund.

Dang. This site is nothing but a bunch of enablers.

Thanks for organizing this Jim; you rock! I've been wanting one of these babies for aq while now but was too lazy to do the research. I am in, B&B brand or no brand!

It depends Bill, its really environmental. I have a couple that only need it every few months.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Probably won't stop me either, but they said they'd look into it a little more, and then get back to me, so I'll keep my hopes up.

I haven't heard back yet, so I imagine I'll hear once he does that extra digging.

The shipping to Canada is shockingly high. The package is 16-17 lbs and 24X14x12. Any suggestions welcomed.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The shipping to Canada is shockingly high. The package is 16-17 lbs and 24X14x12. Any suggestions welcomed.
Using your numbers, express international is $97 and priority is $61 (USPS ... internet prices.)

I don't know what the courier freight prices would be, but yeah, that's shocking.

I'm not nuts enough to go down to the States and schlep that huge heavy cutting board through customs and on an air plane ... I mean, who'd be crazy enough for that??

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:a20: :frown2: :cryin: :a48: :a36:

:surrender:

Let's face it ... this isn't a shaving brush or a pen ... it's half a freakin' tree. Shipping costs may well put this out of reach of most if not all non-CONUS members.

That's not a complaint or a criticism, just a fact of life.

When you factor potential customs fees on top of that ... well ... *sigh* I really don't mind the 'slow boat' approach for shipping something like this, and if a solution can be found, then great. Lord knows the courier companies would tack on their 'handling fees', eliminating any potential savings over USPS. And of course we don't want to do USPS without a tracking number. Cha-ching. $$$.

... as I said, *sigh*.

:a20: :frown2: :cryin: :a48: :a36:

:surrender:

Let's face it ... this isn't a shaving brush or a pen ... it's half a freakin' tree. Shipping costs may well put this out of reach of most if not all non-CONUS members.

That's not a complaint or a criticism, just a fact of life.

When you factor potential customs fees on top of that ... well ... *sigh* I really don't mind the 'slow boat' approach for shipping something like this, and if a solution can be found, then great. Lord knows the courier companies would tack on their 'handling fees', eliminating any potential savings over USPS. And of course we don't want to do USPS without a tracking number. Cha-ching. $$$.

... as I said, *sigh*.

I actually don't mind USPS without a tracking number, they've never given me trouble, plus... how do you lose a 20 pound box that huge? Either way though, I just ordered a knife and 5 piece sharpening set, I need a cutting board now, and unless Jim tells me I'm not allowed, it's going to be this one!

Update-

To better accommodate requests from members residing outside the continental US, an additional board is being offered. It has been designed to fit and ship in a large international USPS flat rate shipping box.
The block will be oak and walnut in the same pattern and have a cutting surface sized 18 x 11 x 2 inches with oak handles. The handles are attached with high torque industrial grade screws capped with flush cut walnut dowels instead of feet. Total length with handles will be approximately 20inches. The block will receive the same finish and cure as the footed version. As this block utilizes handles instead of feet, either side may be used as a cutting surface. To safely accommodate the rigors of international shipping in this packaging a 2 oz. tin of board butter made from boiled walnut oil and beeswax will be substituted for the glass bottle of walnut oil.
As flat rate shipping varies somewhat from country to country this board is offered at $125.00 + shipping charges for the USPS Large Flat Rate Box to your location. This style Board will be available to all members.
A sample is being built and pictures will be available by early next week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom