What's new

B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board Group Buy** CLOSED****

This purchase is going to take funds out of my Mitchell briefcase fund, so that's going to get pushed back a bit.

Do. Freakin'. Want. I'll have to see what my bank balance looks like on payday, those things are too good to pass up on

That baby is gorgeous. Worth the wait.

Not in my future, but be assured, I'll be quite jealous of those counters this rests on.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks, I agree that it's better that way. If it were a new house instead of apartment I would have left the kidding bit out entirely.
When I lived in an apartment, I longed for a house. Now I have a house and sometimes wish I had an apartment. When things break, it is sometimes nice just to call someone

When I lived in an apartment, I longed for a house. Now I have a house and sometimes wish I had an apartment. When things break, it is sometimes nice just to call someone

I live in an apartment, so I know what you mean, leak in the wall, call the landlord, broken toilet, landlord. I actually just got a new hot water heater, didn't have to pay for that, didn't even have to ask, I do have a very good landlord though.

In contrast, my parents found out they have pyrite underneath their house, and I spent last week tearing out the entire basement down to bare cement, so that a company can come in and jackhammer all of the cement up, take out the pyrite, and pour new cement. Suffice to say that my parents wish they didn't have to do that.

That said, having an apartment does limit you in terms of customization, I don't imagine too many tenants renovate the kitchen for their landlords.

To bring this back on topic a bit, I have a question about the cutting board. Is there any kind of indication on the board itself that this is a Badger and Blade Limited Edition?

Obviously not a dealbreaker if not, but I think it would be nice.

I notice that it is treated with a walnut oil? Any one ever use a board treated with any type of nut oil? Does it cause a problem to people that could possibly have a "peanut" or nut allergies as a whole?

If you give the vendor a shout I am sure he can work around that issue.
To bring this back on topic a bit, I have a question about the cutting board. Is there any kind of indication on the board itself that this is a Badger and Blade Limited Edition?

Obviously not a dealbreaker if not, but I think it would be nice.

If we get to a place where we have say 26 boards ordered, I would get a branding iron made up for this buy just for you- :thumbup:
But at this point there will be no markings on the board.

Oh I also thought I would mention that these boards stand on end very nicely and can be stored at the back of your counter top- to be at hand and also out of the way.

Jake in hindsight the knife I used may have been a poor choice in the photo, its a huge 275mm blade and a large handle. The board is the only size being offered at this time at this price point.

The first boards will go out in 8-10 weeks, so you have a good bit of time on this, each board is made up one at a time.

I wanted to elaborate on the cost a little- 145.00 includes Paypal costs and shipping CONUS, so the board alone is 120.00, a tremendous value at this price.

Is there shipping to Hawaii for additional cost?

If we get to a place where we have say 26 boards ordered, I would get a branding iron made up for this buy just for you- :thumbup:
But at this point there will be no markings on the board.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for 26 then, though as I said, with a beauty like this, I'll live if not. Thank you for getting back to me.

I love apartment living. Before the divorce, I would spend half of my saturday mowing, edging, pulling weeds, treating the lawn, cleaning the pool, killing wasps nests and fixing all kinds of random stuff around the house....in a BRAND NEW house. I learned the hard way that 'New' doesnt mean 'perfect'.

Love apartment living now! I spent this past saturday morning waist deep in the gulf, "fishing" and drinking beers.

Top Bottom