What's new

Avon Blend 7

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Is anyone around that remembers if Avon based their Blend 7 on someone else's scent? Like Avon Spicy reminds me of Old Spice.:confused1

I'm young enough not to have ever heard of Blend 7, but you have my attention. Can you describe it?
I actually opened this thread thinking that you were making custom blended Avon aftershave. Learning about a scent I haven't smelled before is even better.

FarmerTan

I'm young enough not to have ever heard of Blend 7, but you have my attention. Can you describe it?
I actually opened this thread thinking that you were making custom blended Avon aftershave. Learning about a scent I haven't smelled before is even better.

No, I can't describe it, because I am stupid where that sort of thing goes. But the good news is I just got a bottle of Blend 7 COLOGNE off the bay. UNBELIEVABLE! The scent is even better than the AS, and lasts as long as the Spicy , or nearly as long anyway.

I JUST picked some Blend 7 AS up at an auction today. Came in a 2 oz gold cannon. Just put some on my hands... I can't place it. I'm pretty ignorant as far as aftershaves and colognes go though.

-Mc

FarmerTan

I JUST picked some Blend 7 AS up at an auction today. Came in a 2 oz gold cannon. Just put some on my hands... I can't place it. I'm pretty ignorant as far as aftershaves and colognes go though.

-Mc
THANK YOU! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! lol, I must say, I am amazed at the dearth of information on the interweb in regards to this scent. I've only seen it mentioned in passing. Like a Twilight Zone thing I've stepped into...
But, the question of the day: how do you like it? Just realized this: I could easily see someone from MADMEN wearing it. Would you agree?

THANK YOU! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! lol, I must say, I am amazed at the dearth of information on the interweb in regards to this scent. I've only seen it mentioned in passing. Like a Twilight Zone thing I've stepped into...
But, the question of the day: how do you like it? Just realized this: I could easily see someone from MADMEN wearing it. Would you agree?

One of the forums I read said it was Avon's attempt at copying Clubman. Then they basically said most of Avon's scents are like Clubman. I have Clubman and all of the Avon scents they referenced. NONE of them smell like Clubman... at all. Blend 7 is pretty unique in scent and it smells pretty good. I can't think of anything it smells like though and there is very little information on it on the interwebz.

-Mc

FarmerTan

If the Avon's I've smelled are anything like Clubman then I need a new nose!

I've been trying to associate the Avon scents to their cloned originators for years. Most of what I have or other's have suggested is in the ALPHA thread. Wild Country is definitely the Clubman clone. I've never found anyone that had suggested a good match for Blend 7. It's an odd one.

So I wore Blend 7 today for the first time. It has almost a fruity hint to it. It reminded me of this:

$fruit-stripe-gum-plenty-pack.jpg

FarmerTan

It's been about 35 years since I've had it but if I recall correctly, the gum runs out of flavor in like 10 seconds. But those 10 seconds are excellent!
Hey! Sounds like it lasts about as long Blend 7 aftershave! lol, I finally got some 7 cologne, tho, and am amazed at how long it lasts! It lasts longer by far than Tai Winds. It smells just like the AS, only better, if that makes sense. Example: Avon Tai Winds AS smells identical to the cologne, just weaker. Does any of the above make sense, lol?

Ha Ha! Fruit Stripe Gum that brings back some memories!:laugh:

To me I wonder if they did just mix or blend some of there others. Right at first I get a citrus almost lime, but maybe closer to Tai Winds once it dries down its almost more of a Leather Oland scent to it. Its not one of my favorites, but I do still pick it up if I see it and it's not priced crazy.

I just picked up some Blend 7 with a shaving mug. There is a hint of fruit in there, but I didn't get that as a powerful component. Much less of a fruit scent than Tribute.

FarmerTan

I just picked up some Blend 7 with a shaving mug. There is a hint of fruit in there, but I didn't get that as a powerful component. Much less of a fruit scent than Tribute.
Just used Tribute tonight. It is really a nice scent. I will buy more when I run out. Which will be in about 20 years I figure, since I have a 10 oz bottle!

My Tribute came in a 7oz car. Between that and all the rest of my aftershaves, I won't live long enough to use it all up so I'm done buying aftershave... for ever. Kinda sad and humbling when I think about it. :(

Man, my nose must be off. I really don't get fruit from tribute.

I have gallons of Avon aftershave, literally. And I still keep buying it. Lifetime supply.... Many times over, lol.

Top Bottom