What's new

Australian Traveling Box No.5!

Just posted the box (19 June) from Sydney to Canberra, so I hope you see it soon, Brendan.

Registered post #491202169013

Changes to box:

Out: Proraso AS (particularly liked by SWMBO), two blades (Bic, Wilk Sword)
In: Tabac cream in a small tub, blades (10x GBE, 5x 7OC dark blue (Russian), 5x GEM SE, 5x Personna Lab)

Go the box!

good stuff, folks. finally found some time to read the most recent reviews. i agree on the EJ sea buckthorn, too. only ever used the soap, but it was first class.

Any news, Brendan? Hope it got to you in one piece.

I used the Bic blade -- pretty average. By the third shave it was worse than average.

Sorry guys, been a bit busy of late!

My wife picked up the box earlier this week. Im out of state with work at the moment, so it is sitting in the living room waiting to be cracked open when I get back :lol:

From what she mentioned though it is quite 'scented'. Not too sure if thats good or bad right now.

Keen on jumping on this trend when I get the post count. Lots of things to try for a new guy, and by then I should have some things to add.

Sorry Gents, no updates as yet. I'm away for work until the end of september, so there's not a lot I can report on till I get my hands on the box :lol:

On the upside, I've been spending a bit of time thinking about what to do for the next installment (if there is any interest). Being away with limited kit has meant I bought up on Arko, Derby and Tweex shave sticks to try out when I get back (I'm talking half a dozen of each here) and also got my hands on a few backups of Irish Moos when I found out it was discontinued.

Irish Moos discontinued? Should have got some in NYC when I was there!

I did get some other goodies for the box though....

Yeah I think word got out a little while ago, so naturally I freaked and picked up a few sticks to back-up the stick I bought years ago and never got round to trying. It's actually a really great soap.

If the next round kicks off, I reckon it may just be one of the best boxes so far...

I was excited by Irisch Moos at first, but my enthusiasm dampened over time as the smell got to me. I settled on Speick and Palmolive sticks and haven't opened the SIM in ages.

BTW my reason for posting here is Wilkinson Sword blades. I took one from the box (the last blade, I think) as I was curious to give it a try. My first shaves as a teenager were with my dad's Wilkinson Sword razor and blades. It was a crappy plastic razor and needless to say the experience wasn't positive. Anyway, the WS blade was every bit as crappy as I expected. First shave was OK, but took a fair bit of work to get a decent result. Second shave: ugh. There won't be a third...

Hey guys,
I have some things I am interested in donating to the box as I do not want them. I'm not after a go at the box itself though. Is there some way I could post them to someone who has the box and they could add to it? Anyways, I have:
*Lucky tiger vetiver deoderant and body spray 100ml
*proraso preshave cream (green) 103g
*thayers lavender alcohol free WH, 59ml
*a few mini sample pots of TOBS and eShave.

Thoughts?

Myles

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Hey guys,
I have some things I am interested in donating to the box as I do not want them. I'm not after a go at the box itself though. Is there some way I could post them to someone who has the box and they could add to it? Anyways, I have:
*Lucky tiger vetiver deoderant and body spray 100ml
*proraso preshave cream (green) 103g
*thayers lavender alcohol free WH, 59ml
*a few mini sample pots of TOBS and eShave.

Thoughts?

Myles

Brendan (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php/20707-bjh618) has the box and will do a new run I think. I would suggest contacting him directly for the logistics.

Top Bottom