What's new

Attention eBay bidders

Really? "Oh, crap I just won an auction, what am I going to do now?"

Just rub it in now, thanks for sharing that.

By the way, what's wrong with you? You don't tell your wife. All of the stuff I buy appears in my shave den like some magic shave Jeanie put it there.

If she notices it (which she usually doesn't) she'll say "When did you get that?" and I'll respond with "Oh, that's old, someone on a shaving forum sent it to me". Then she'll say "ok" and walk away.

Unfortunately, she won't get to ask me about the King Pelican razor though.

I love this post!

Yeah Kevin, thank you but that auction link you sent is too rich for me. You can see how ornate and beautiful some of these razors can be though. The higher end King Pelican's are one of the more ornate razors available. Kinda like a work of art.

I'm just not at the point where I'd want to spend $300 on a straight razor. It's certainly a beautiful razor but I'm looking for something that I'll actually use and enjoy. I'll be handling it with wet soapy hands on occasion so spending that much on a razor that's one drop away from becoming completely worthless gives me concern.

By the way, stay off eBay I heard it causes cancer.

Yeah Kevin, thank you but that auction link you sent is too rich for me. You can see how ornate and beautiful some of these razors can be though. The higher end King Pelican's are one of the more ornate razors available. Kinda like a work of art.

I'm just not at the point where I'd want to spend $300 on a straight razor. It's certainly a beautiful razor but I'm looking for something that I'll actually use and enjoy. I'll be handling it with wet soapy hands on occasion so spending that much on a razor that's one drop away from becoming completely worthless gives me concern.

By the way, stay off eBay I heard it causes cancer.

It also causes wives think that you have a mistress called shaving

Really? "Oh, crap I just won an auction, what am I going to do now?"

Just rub it in now, thanks for sharing that.

By the way, what's wrong with you? You don't tell your wife. All of the stuff I buy appears in my shave den like some magic shave Jeanie put it there.

If she notices it (which she usually doesn't) she'll say "When did you get that?" and I'll respond with "Oh, that's old, someone on a shaving forum sent it to me". Then she'll say "ok" and walk away.

Unfortunately, she won't get to ask me about the King Pelican razor though.
Exactly!! I do the same thing. Do you think I keep track of every makeup or shoe purchase?

Last edited:
Great post. If I'm just bidding on something to over the minimum bid in case no one else wants it, I do that any time. If I really want to take my best shot at something, MyiBidder is is my friend. (I use the android version more than the web site but they both do the same thing... Add the item number, set your best bid, change the timer to about 7 seconds out (to beat anyone who uses the default and bids the same) and you're good to go.

Cheers,
Jerry

If you want to see something sell for a really low price you have to list your own stuff.

It never fails. Whenever I sell something it always sells for far less than I think it's worth.

Funny how that works.

Kevin sent me this link. I can post it here because it's a buy it now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TE-NOS-JAPA...245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4967a7e5

The razor I wanted to buy was a white 14 just like you have but it had a bit of rust and needed a good clean up. With some work it would have been quite nice.

I've seen a lot of these that are absolutely beautiful in other threads like the shave of the day straight razor threads.

I'm bidding on something so all of you stay out of eBay so that you don't screw it up for me.

Go watch football like normal people.

Last edited:
The razor I wanted to buy was a white 14 just like you have but it had a bit of rust and needed a good clean up. With some work it would have been quite nice.

I've seen a lot of these that are absolutely beautiful in other threads like the shave of the day straight razor threads.

thats the one i saw that went for less than i expected to see based on your comments.. sometimes just gotta toss in a another jackson.

thats the one i saw that went for less than i expected to see based on your comments.. sometimes just gotta toss in a another jackson.

I think I just increased the value of it with this thread as well. Looking back I'd have bid more, and tried to before the time ran out on this one, but that's usually how I see most of the ones I lose. I didn't have a solid amount that I knew it was worth because they never come up for sale for me to get an accurate value, so that's a factor as well. You really never know if you bidding more would have won it or just ran the other guy up. So I can't say that bidding a dollar more would have won it when in reality it might have taken 40 more.

On other occasions I've thrown what I believed to be much more than an item is worth and someone comes in and takes that one too. I've had a sense of relief after some auctions so I've definitely bid enough at times and still lost. So I've done it both ways and it just doesn't seem to make a difference.

Don't get me wrong I have won some in the past, I just would rather you guys find something healthier to do than sitting in front of the computer bidding against me.

Last edited:
My friend you must rid yourself of desire.
Greed is one of the Three Poisons that lead to evil (akusala) and that bind us to suffering (dukkha). It also is one of the Five Hindrances to enlightenment.

Buddha

My friend you must rid yourself of desire.
Greed is one of the Three Poisons that lead to evil (akusala) and that bind us to suffering (dukkha). It also is one of the Five Hindrances to enlightenment.

Buddha

That's the exact thing that someone bidding against me would say.
Besides I'm not greedy I just want stuff.

Top Bottom