What's new

ASB/moisturizer

I generally have a low opinion of products that claim to be more than one thing - shampoo & body wash, floor wax & desert topping (bonus points if you know what I'm talking about), etc. Nonetheless, it does seem a bit silly to me that I use an aftershave balm on a big portion of my face followed right away by a moisturizer on all of it.

Is there a product you guys like that works well as an ASB and an all-over facial moisturizer? I'd love to use only one product, but I have very sensitive skin so I can't really skimp.

Thanks.

Isn't an ASB already a floor wax and a dessert topping? The one I have is an alcohol based after shave and some kind of moisturizer whatzit thing.

I pretty much use only moisturizers as my aftershave. Lately I've been using Cetaphil's Moisturizing Lotion. I don't think I ever get razor burn after I use that. As for razor bumps, I have a benzoyl peroxide based acne medication I use anyway, and I heard BP is good for healing razor bumps.

Either way, I stand by the idea that normal facial moisturizers make good aftershaves.

Shimmer, its floor wax and a dessert topping! Gotta love SNL!

Seriously though. I've found that I can easily use T&H ASB as a general face lotion. Other than that I've never really tried it.

I use Lush's "Vanishing Cream" both as a moisturizer and an ASB. I love the herbal scent, it feels fantastic on the skin and especially the lavender is very soothing. It's expensive (probably around 20$ per pot), but it lasts for ages.

THanks, man, that clears everything up! :lol:
Just commiserating with you. :smile:

I have Grey Flannel ASB. It does work like both, but does neither as well as dedicated products. I use about a teaspoon of cheap alcohol-based after shave during the rinse cycle to cut the soap scum and then continue to rinse off my face. If I need it, I use proraso cream as a moisturizer, or go with another AS, or sometimes the Grey Flannel. Haven't tried more than a very few products, though, so what do I know?

Top Bottom