What's new

Aroma Wheel for Fragrances

So I've noticed that between the shaving soaps, the creams, and fragrances alot of people on this site are trying to describe how things smell. The other night my fiance and I were looking something up in a wine encyclopedia and I noticed this:

proxy.php

This was developed by an academic in an attempt to bring some standardization to wine descriptions. Overall it seems to be relatively complete and has a lot of descriptors I would never have thought to apply to wine (Anyone want their wine to smell like rubber?) and I thought it might be useful for describing the scents of cosmetic products. Just a thought.

Hmmm, very nice idea!

But incomplete I fear. smells like Wood, smoky, leather or musk are not usually associated with wine.

Perhaps B&B could start it's own aroma chart?

Wheel or no wheel, describing scents and identifying its components is extremely difficult. Most of the chemistry is not completely understood.

Alraz.

That chart's about as complete as good taste will allow. There's sections for wood, smoke, and animal smells such as horsey, mousey, wet dog, skunk, and worst of all--cabbage!

Top Bottom