What's new

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts- A Brotherhood for us ZONIES

A.R.S.E - Group Meet up Mid-April / May 2015??
Hi Gents, I had alluded to this over the last month, and with the 1st pass-around coming to a close, though it would be a good time to gauge whether there was enough interest in having a meet- up. Obviously all of our schedules are busy, so I will leave it up to the group for ideas, but a lunch meet might work the best on a Saturday. We would pick a central location ( Casa Grande Sticks out at this point), but the locations can be flexible. the premise would be to meet-up get to know one another and talk what else... Shaving, and of course other interests. To make it more enjoyable, I though it would be a fun idea that everyone bring a shaving related gift, we would put those in a pile, and give out raffles tickets, so everyone would go home with something. Probably two-hour, or so deal to get the A.R.S.E members together. What say you?

If interested just add your name to the list, and if we have a good response we will move forward to the logistical phase of picking a restaurant, times, and a date. I will leave the initial post up for a week or so, to see if there is any interest.

1st Annual A.R.S.E Meet-Up
1. Skypsyd
2. mkiraly
3.uacowboy

I'm interested, but it will definitely depend on the date. We've got a few busy months ahead of us.

Last edited:
A.R.S.E - Group Meet up Mid-April / May 2015??
Hi Gents, I had alluded to this over the last month, and with the 1st pass-around coming to a close, though it would be a good time to gauge whether there was enough interest in having a meet- up. Obviously all of our schedules are busy, so I will leave it up to the group for ideas, but a lunch meet might work the best on a Saturday. We would pick a central location ( Casa Grande Sticks out at this point), but the locations can be flexible. the premise would be to meet-up get to know one another and talk what else... Shaving, and of course other interests. To make it more enjoyable, I though it would be a fun idea that everyone bring a shaving related gift, we would put those in a pile, and give out raffles tickets, so everyone would go home with something. Probably two-hour, or so deal to get the A.R.S.E members together. What say you?

If interested just add your name to the list, and if we have a good response we will move forward to the logistical phase of picking a restaurant, times, and a date. I will leave the initial post up for a week or so, to see if there is any interest.

1. Skypsyd
2. mkiraly
3.uacowboy
4. ackvil

The only problem I have with a meetup is my schedule right now. I am leaving for an extended trip to visit relatives in Indiana and FL. We are leaving on April 11th and won't be back until May 9th.

I'm interested, but it will definitely depend on the date. We've got a few busy months ahead of us.

The only problem I have with a meetup is my schedule right now. I am leaving for an extended trip to visit relatives in Indiana and FL. We are leaving on April 11th and won't be back until May 9th.

Hi guys, Well once we see if we get more interest we can discuss dates, I would put the name on the list to see how many we get and then the dates can be hammered out probably on a Saturday but we can do it whenever you gents like,

Good Morning A.R.S.E members
In speaking with a few of you, and with the spring and summer months, tax season, family vacations, and not to mention the surface of the Sun temperatures on the way, I wanted to ask you opinion if moving the ARSE meet-up to the fall would be more prudent and timely for everyone. If so maybe Mid to late October? Please give us your opinions via this thread or via PM. Thanks Gents
1. Skypsyd
2. mkiraly
3.uacowboy
4. ackvil

A.R.S.E Pass-Around Mark II - Updated 3.17.2014

We are going to jump right in and get this one going again if there is enough interest, so please sign up. I will be sending this to the next victim on or around the end of the month (March), so if interested please sign up, or PM me and I will add you to the list. Thanks Gents

1. Skypsyd - Current
2 Mkiraly
4.uacowboy
9. RunFoxRun
10. Azpatriot66

A.R.S.E Pass-Around Mark II - Updated 3.17.2014

We are going to jump right in and get this one going again if there is enough interest, so please sign up. I will be sending this to the next victim on or around the end of the month (March), so if interested please sign up, or PM me and I will add you to the list. Thanks Gents

1. Skypsyd - Current
2 Mkiraly
3. Silverirae
4.uacowboy
9. RunFoxRun
10. Azpatriot66

Good Morning A.R.S.E members
In speaking with a few of you, and with the spring and summer months, tax season, family vacations, and not to mention the surface of the Sun temperatures on the way, I wanted to ask you opinion if moving the ARSE meet-up to the fall would be more prudent and timely for everyone. If so maybe Mid to late October? Please give us your opinions via this thread or via PM. Thanks Gents
1. Skypsyd
2. mkiraly
3.uacowboy
4. ackvil

A fall meeting sounds good to me.

Gents:
Here is a current inventory of the Pass-Around, Once I have had a chance to try stuff and decide what I will keep I will update, and include this in the box for the next go-around.

Soaps

BRAND
TYPE
Razorock
Tight Buns
La Toja
Stick
Arko
Stick
NYS
Elizabeth Street
Taconic
Bay rum
The Blades Grim
Smoulder
Williams
Stirling
Grapefruit
Earl Grey
Bay Rum
Barrister & Mann
Saeryan
Mama Bears
Turkish mocha
Every Man Jack
Sensitive
C.O. Bigelow
(Proraso) Big Tube
Col Conk
Santa Fe Cedar
Ogallala
Bay Rum , Lime & Peppercorn

Aftershave/Balms/Oils

BRAND
TYPE
Col Conk
Sante Fe Cedar Balm
Hollywood
Tea Tree Oil
unknown
Pre-shave Oil

Blades

Brand
Type/Qty
Crystal
Personnna IP (10)
Polsilver
SI (5)
Feather
Hi-Stainless (15)
Personna
Lab Blue (4)
Derby
SS (5)
Schick
SSS (5)
Gillette
Wilkinson Sword (9)
Astra
Sp (10)
Treet
NS (6)
Lg Brush & Razor Stand Chrome

Dropped the box of at Dave's today and had a nice chat about all things shaving; plan on picking up some Mystic Waters soap here shortly as it is highly recommended by Dave.

In thinking of soaps I had yet to try the puck of Gold Dachs I picked up in the fall; as it turns out I have been short changing myself for month as this stuff is as slick as can be; the review here on B&B are spot on accurate a 10 performance from this German soap.

Also I thought for as much as I enjoy SoD posts to be honest I rarely go beyond this thread at B&B anymore...I check during the day but am much more interested in our desert group than trying to mull through thousands of posts on the main boards. Going forward I am going to post my Arizona Shave of the Day here in this thread if other were to do the same I for one would be reading, commenting and asking questions of all who post them

Arizona Shave of the Day 03/27/2015

Prep- Shower with Sterling Oatmeal & Honey soap
Pre- Homemade shave oil
Razor- Merkur 1904 (41C) Open Comb
Blade- Astra SP
Brush- Semogue 1350
Soap- Gold Dachs Rasierseife
Post- Gentleman Jon Alum
A/S- Sterling Ben Franklin Witch Hazel & Aloe

Good smooth shave with the Gold Dachs and the 1904; Gold Dachs from all other accounts and from my own effort is lathering soap that explodes much more on the face than in a bowl.

ASOTD 03/17/15

No prep today as an experiment
Homemade pre shave oil
GEM 1912
GEM stainless blade
Tweezermans 100% pure badger
Homemade mojito menthol soap
Shower after as part of the experiment
Osage rub aftershave

Nice Idea Eric
AZSOTD 3.18.2015

proxy.php