What's new

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts- A Brotherhood for us ZONIES

That looks pretty cool!

Okay guys right of the bat I'll tell you in keeping the Omega brush lol.

I'll break down all the items that I am keeping in a later post but right now I'll list what I'm adding.

Barrister and Mann - Roam aftershave
Feather Blades
Barrister and mann- Saeryan
HTGAM- Cavendish shave soap

Passaround Box Thoughts:

Synergy by Razorock and HTGAM The Beach - LOVE this scent. So much so that this was one of the items I hung onto (at my wife's request as well). I'm not sure it necessarily smells like the beach to me, but it definitely smells great. The performance was good. Plenty slick, nice cushiony lather. Similar to Mama Bear's. Post shave feel was better than Mama Bear's, and the scent very faintly lingered for a good part of the day.

Mike's Barber Shop - Another keeper, if for nothing other than the scent. Again performance was good, post shave feel was similar to Stirling, but the scent is really nice. Doesn't remind me of the barbershop (I think Clubman will always hold that place for me) but it's really good. The scent on this one seemed to fade pretty quickly, but it's so nice during the shave.

Razorock the Freedberg - My final keeper. There were two Razorock tubs in the box. The Tight Buns smelled more like a cologne to me. The Freedberg was also a little cologne like, but I caught notes of citrus, specifically grapefruit, much more heavily. This is one that I was really surprised I liked. I don't typically like citrusy soaps. Now I'm going to have to pick up some more grapefruit scented soaps and creams. The post-shave feel on this one was the best of those I tried. My head and face felt very soft when done. The scent on this one lingered nicely as well.

Schick Super Stainless Vintage blade - I really liked this blade. I only recently went back to daily shaving, and I had been having good, but not as great as before, shaves for about a week. This blade felt awesome. Nice and smooth with no irritation and really close results. Shave 2 wasn't quite as good, but that's on par with others for me. I'm a head shaver with very coarse, very thick hair, and I tend to favor a steep angle, so I generally don't push a blade past two shaves.
Great review Garrett!
Glad you liked the soaps and blades enough to keep 'em! :thumbup1:

I'm sending out the box to AZpatriot as soon as I get an address.

In also taking out the HTGAM Cavendish (my son actually took it out) but I'll be putting something good in there. Hopefully the post man gets it to me today so I can throw it in today.

quick update on the GEM i was given. I finally got some blades and gave it a test run a couple days ago. That is an amazing razor. Couldn't even feel the blade. I used the GEM stainless blades in it. I foresee it becoming an official part of my rotation.

Glad to see everyone enjoying the Passaround!

Sorry everone especially uacowboy I dont mean to leave you hang, I probably will not be on much for a bit due to life circumstances and no need to reply....if you are praying men say a prayer for me my wife and our marriage

Capt.

quick update on the GEM i was given. I finally got some blades and gave it a test run a couple days ago. That is an amazing razor. Couldn't even feel the blade. I used the GEM stainless blades in it. I foresee it becoming an official part of my rotation.

Glad to see everyone enjoying the Passaround!

Since you're a straight guy, I'm assuming you appreciate some aggressiveness. Since you liked the GEM, if you have a chance, pick up an EverReady 1924 (Shovel Head). I like aggressive DEs (Fatboy wide open, R41, Shimmed NEW) and I really enjoy the Shovel Head. The handles are a little too short, but you can pick up a 10-32 setscrew and then use DE handles with it instead. It's in my top 3 right now.

Sorry everone especially uacowboy I dont mean to leave you hang, I probably will not be on much for a bit due to life circumstances and no need to reply....if you are praying men say a prayer for me my wife and our marriage

Capt.

I would be happy to include you in my prayers this week. It's still a few months out, but there's a marriage conference coming to Scottsdale in June. It's being put on by FamilyLife. It's been highly recommended within my church.

Hello A.R.S.E. Members, below is the latest update for the Pass-around. I have made numerous attempt via PM to Reverend Bow, with no response, so I have had to remove him from the current rotation. We hope all is Ok.

2015 A.R.S.E Pass-Around #1 - STATUS: 3/3/2015
6. RunFoxRun - Current awaiting mailing info from Erik
7. Azpatriot66 - On deck
8. skypsyd

I am going to try and spend a little time with this box and strive to do some reviews as good as Garrett's. Will be out of town Fri-Sat-Sun but will get on all of it as time allows before passing it back to the chief.

BTW Dave are we planning on a pass-around MK.2?

If so let me know so I can add a few more goodies.

I am going to try and spend a little time with this box and strive to do some reviews as good as Garrett's. Will be out of town Fri-Sat-Sun but will get on all of it as time allows before passing it back to the chief.

BTW Dave are we planning on a pass-around MK.2?

If so let me know so I can add a few more goodies.

Yes we will have a Pass-around MK.2 probably after the Meet-up if everyone is interested, I will post more about the meet-up next week

HEY Gents in Tucson. As you know our shave shopping experience is well few to far to none:bored:, However for those that like L'Occitane shave soaps they are back in stock. Good stuff, great slickness, the L'Occitan EDT is very nice as well. I did confirm that the Plisson shave brush is no longer, they have replaced it with a travel brush.

Also for those that are so inclined, we know have a local source for Creed fragrances ( go figure cant find shaving stuff anywhere, but we have some of the most expensive Men's fragrances available...:blink:) leave it to Tucson LOL. Any way Blue Mercury in La Encantada has the complete line. it is a bit higher priced, but when factoring in shipping, tax, and since Creed is one of the most counterfeited fragrances, it is still a decent deal and guaranteed authentic

Just FYI, have a good day Gents!

Top Bottom