What's new

Aristocrat Pass it forward (around)

BUMP.

Been awfully quiet! And no new pics! Redstar whats the status? Everything ok?

Jay, and everyone else, sorry for my disappearance. It's been crazy lately. I shipped the razor off to Shavious on Tuesday and pm'd him that day to let him know to keep an eye open for it. He responded that he's looking forward to trying it out. So we should hear from him soon that he received it. And hopefully how much he likes it!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it in any local area due to current circumstances. I did add something to the items included with the razor but didn't take anything.

Thank you, Jay, for the chance to try it out. And again, to everyone, I'm sorry I didn't get to be as involved as I would have liked to have been.

Nathan

Resurrection of the PIF happens now!

I moved over the weekend, but once I got settled in last night I checked my old mailbox to find the lovely Aristocrat waiting on me! Gave it a first run this morning with pretty good results. Tried it with an Astra SP and a sample of Valor Parlor Shave Soap (which smells heavenly by the way) and got a DFS for sure! It seems a bit milder than my usual Merkur 38C, but definitely a great shave!

Will try to post some pics tonight when I'm home from work, but no promises as my new place is still without Internet!

Resurrection of the PIF happens now!

I moved over the weekend, but once I got settled in last night I checked my old mailbox to find the lovely Aristocrat waiting on me! Gave it a first run this morning with pretty good results. Tried it with an Astra SP and a sample of Valor Parlor Shave Soap (which smells heavenly by the way) and got a DFS for sure! It seems a bit milder than my usual Merkur 38C, but definitely a great shave!

Will try to post some pics tonight when I'm home from work, but no promises as my new place is still without Internet!

Nice! haha glad to see an update.

Definitely. You never realize how much stuff you have and never use until you have to move it all! Between the task of moving and trying to get cable service etc transferred, it's quite a chore!

Very happy we got a bathroom with a second sink in the new place though! Allows my shaves to be uninterrupted by the wife :)

I actually did lose a badge that gets me in the door for work in the moving process, but the Aristocrat is safe and sound! I've used it about 5 times throughout my tenure as its keeper and I have to say I very much enjoyed getting to try it out!

The process of shaving was always smooth with it. Even with a Feather blade, I never found this razor to be particularly aggressive. In fact, it makes me wish I had jumped on the opportunity to make a vintage Gillette like this one my first razor. I did notice that because of its mild nature, my shaves weren't quite as close as those with my everyday Merkur 38C, given a similar amount/type of passes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing: I honestly can't recall this razor causing any amount of razor burn or weepers for me, even if I was in a hurry to get out the door to work in the morning. To end on a positive note, I really loved the TTO type razor. I felt it was much more convenient to me than unscrewing and removing the head completely. Because of that, my next razor will probably have to be a TTO :thumbup:

I wasn't able to get a pic at a local landmark [and frankly, there aren't many awesome ones around here], but I did snap a couple around the Den.

First pic is the Aristocrat next to my Parker Badger Brush [which I've found works fairly well, but I'm on the lookout for something with a little more backbone.
$photo (13).JPG
Second is the Aristocrat next to my Merkur 38C. I'd attribute the extra aggressiveness of my 38C to the added handle weight mostly. Its not ridiculously aggressive but certainly more so than the Aristocrat.
$photo (14).JPG

Thanks again Jay for the awesome PIF! This wonderful razor will soon be shipped to its next keeper!

Looks great! Where is the list? I am off to vacation in 5 weeks, don't want this beauty on my door step while I am gone :001_cool:

1: BigBull
2: 7 O Menthol
3: Shavious
4: deruitem
5: zenless
6: ryno2292
7: barsuk
8: jochums
9: Mystkm
10: Anonymousoul
11: NexlevMM
12: syngent
13: Doctor
14: Redstar
15: Prof. Moriarty

I think thats the current line up, sans the first few.

Nice! Sounds similar to my experience. If you want a badger brush with a bit of backbone and soft tips, that can lather soaps, croaps, and creams...I can't speak highly enough about a Semogue SOC 2-band. I absolutely love that brush! My next, however, will probably be something like a whipped dog resin handle and silvertip knot.

2: 7 O Menthol
14: Redstar

I think thats the current line up, sans the first few.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that's right. I sent it to Redstar, and I don't believe 7 O Menthol has recieved it yet...

oops. May have grabbed the wrong one then. That was the most recent that I had seen..

2: Redstar
14: 7 O Menthol

actual list

Last edited:
To end on a positive note, I really loved the TTO type razor. I felt it was much more convenient to me than unscrewing and removing the head completely. Because of that, my next razor will probably have to be a TTO :thumbup:

Aye, I love the TTO razors, but for one very good reason. Let's just say my left thumb is sporting a faint scar and some nerve damage due to me being stupid. :cursing:

Having said that....my current love affair is the Mekur 1904 OC. I had written off purchasing any more Wilkies from Walmart when my last tuck was used up. Tried one in that razor and, well, wow! It's in my top three fav blades to use in that razor currently.

Top Bottom