What's new

Aristocrat Pass it forward (around)

Oh and yes, just lurking on this thread. Living vicariously through you guys. If SWMBO saw yet another razor arrive at the doorstep...:scared:. So keep up with the pics and descriptions, this thread has been a great read.

Good evening everyone!

Work last week was wickedly busy and I was relieved to have the weekend. Saturday morning I slept in, took an easy morning and showered and shaved around 11:00. Then I casually meandered to the mailbox only to find.... the Aristocrat! I had literally just finished shaving and then saw it! What a bummer that was. Yesterday my wife and I took my little brother, visiting from Tennessee, to Six Flags (3 hours away) and didn't bother shaving.

So that leads me to tonight...

Though I was excited, I took my time with my preshave routine so I could do my best isolating the change in the razor. I figured the occasion was worthy of some Ralph Lauren Safari. So after soaking my scuttle and Semogue 730HD[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] in hot water, I lathered up, let my face marinate for about 3 minutes while putting an Astra SP in the razor, and dug in. I started with a WTG and took short one inch passes. It felt fine everywhere but my neck/throat even though I was using no pressure but the weight of the razor. I followed with a XTG and it felt the same as the previous pass. While I was lathering for the third pass, I noticed that I had more stubble all over my face than I normally have at this point when using my Slim Adjustable on 7 and was not feeling enthused for XTG. As feared, that pass felt miserable and I had to abandon it and do a XTG from the other direction. I re lathered and attempted XTG again. It still felt very uncomfortable but I persisted. I ended up with a BBS shave but really had to work for it.

So tomorrow night I'm going to switch out the Astra and try a feather. I'm also going to switch out the RL Safari for RazoRock
[/FONT]Zi' Peppino. In all honesty, I do seem to have a bit of trouble with getting the Safari to give me a good lather. I get it slick but with lots of bubbles. I forgot to mention, after the first pass I stopped using the scuttle and just face lathered as I find it easier and it also removed the chance of the heat making my lather crispy. Anyway, I always get a fantastic lather from the RR so I'll see if that helps.

Though, it wasn't my best DE shave I'm glad I have the opportunity to try it out. I'm interested to see if the change in software and and an improving of my technique makes my experience improve.

I'm visiting clients in Northern Vermont tomorrow so I may take it along for a photo opp somewhere along the Franconia Notch. Thank you, Jay, for this chance to use it. And thanks to you, BigBull, for the quick shipping.

I think it's just a bad match. I strongly believe that there is a blade for every razor... and they are all different blades.

Good evening everyone!

Work last week was wickedly busy and I was relieved to have the weekend. Saturday morning I slept in, took an easy morning and showered and shaved around 11:00. Then I casually meandered to the mailbox only to find.... the Aristocrat! I had literally just finished shaving and then saw it! What a bummer that was. Yesterday my wife and I took my little brother, visiting from Tennessee, to Six Flags (3 hours away) and didn't bother shaving.

So that leads me to tonight...

Though I was excited, I took my time with my preshave routine so I could do my best isolating the change in the razor. I figured the occasion was worthy of some Ralph Lauren Safari. So after soaking my scuttle and Semogue 730HD in hot water, I lathered up, let my face marinate for about 3 minutes while putting an Astra SP in the razor, and dug in. I started with a WTG and took short one inch passes. It felt fine everywhere but my neck/throat even though I was using no pressure but the weight of the razor. I followed with a XTG and it felt the same as the previous pass. While I was lathering for the third pass, I noticed that I had more stubble all over my face than I normally have at this point when using my Slim Adjustable on 7 and was not feeling enthused for XTG. As feared, that pass felt miserable and I had to abandon it and do a XTG from the other direction. I re lathered and attempted XTG again. It still felt very uncomfortable but I persisted. I ended up with a BBS shave but really had to work for it.

So tomorrow night I'm going to switch out the Astra and try a feather. I'm also going to switch out the RL Safari for RazoRock
Zi' Peppino. In all honesty, I do seem to have a bit of trouble with getting the Safari to give me a good lather. I get it slick but with lots of bubbles. I forgot to mention, after the first pass I stopped using the scuttle and just face lathered as I find it easier and it also removed the chance of the heat making my lather crispy. Anyway, I always get a fantastic lather from the RR so I'll see if that helps.

Though, it wasn't my best DE shave I'm glad I have the opportunity to try it out. I'm interested to see if the change in software and and an improving of my technique makes my experience improve.

I'm visiting clients in Northern Vermont tomorrow so I may take it along for a photo opp somewhere along the Franconia Notch. Thank you, Jay, for this chance to use it. And thanks to you, BigBull, for the quick shipping.

Nice write up! My pleasure...didn't realize where I was sending it until you mentioned the Franconia Notch! I had to drive thru there last year on my way to Jay's Peak. We hit it EPIC on 2/4/2011 with 11" of POW in that storm that crossed the US. We watched it form out West, and booked our flights 24 hrs previous. A trip I will never forget!

Also, keep in mind that I'm only a short time into DE shaving. So it could be extremely likely that my technique needs to improve. I'm looking forward to reading about the next members' experiences.

Nice write up! My pleasure...didn't realize where I was sending it until you mentioned the Franconia Notch! I had to drive thru there last year on my way to Jay's Peak. We hit it EPIC on 2/4/2011 with 11" of POW in that storm that crossed the US. We watched it form out West, and booked our flights 24 hrs previous. A trip I will never forget!

Heh, Ya it can be sketchy. I have to drive through the Notch every other Friday, including winter. There was only one time I thought the grill of my pickup was going to take a bite out of the side of the mountain. Even in inclement weather, I love the drive!

I think it's just a bad match. I strongly believe that there is a blade for every razor... and they are all different blades.

+1

I also think this guy likes sharper blades. For me, not feathers, but IP Reds work like magic.

Good morning guys. Sorry I haven't posted lately. I had a family emergency and had to fly to Tennessee near the end of last week and just got home late last night. I will be sending the razor to Shavious first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have a little time tonight to use it one last time (for the second time) before it continues on it's way. Again, Sorry for the delay.

Hope everything is ok. Take your time have another couple of shaves with it. I hope the others would agree that it's an unusual circumstance and would be willing to grant you a few extra days! Right guys? :)
if it's ok with the others have some nice relaxing shaves. Sounds like you need it.

Top Bottom