What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

Ever notice noone seems to mind buying Clubman in plastic bottles? I wonder why. :001_smile

Ken

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never saw it for sale in glass bottles. Since I have only been shave aware for a couple of years, I wouldn't have known the difference anyway.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never saw it for sale in glass bottles. Since I have only been shave aware for a couple of years, I wouldn't have known the difference anyway.

There are some here who remember the Clubman products in glass bottles, and say that the newer products aren't as good.

There are some here who remember the Clubman products in glass bottles, and say that the newer products aren't as good.

There's the rub. If the product holds up the container is of secondary importance. I've used AV for years and will continue to do so as long as the product itself is unchanged. Sure, I'd prefer glass but I throw away my empty bottles anyway. An example is TOBS cream. There are products with much nicer jar/bowls available but I really like the cream inside the ugly plastic TOBS container.

Ken

Ever notice noone seems to mind buying Clubman in plastic bottles? I wonder why. :001_smile

Ken

I don't think the main problem is a plastic bottle per se. More likely a slippery slope that starts with changing the bottle from glass to plastic and follows with either reformulation or discontinuation. Also AV has been around long enough that there is some nostalgia attached to handling a glass bottle in a world where everything is put in plastic.

It's a trend that even Nivea has embraced. They put some of the balms and such into plastic containers, which I HATE. What I want to know is if the savings regarding the transition of the packaging material will be passed to the user as well (regarding aqua velva). The way it looks to me, the price will be the same, but the company that makes aqua velva will make more money.

What I want to know is if the savings regarding the transition of the packaging material will be passed to the user as well (regarding aqua velva). The way it looks to me, the price will be the same, but the company that makes aqua velva will make more money.

Again, it's a slippery slope. Stores don't want the glass bottles. If they keep selling products in glass, then less stores will stock them. If less stores stock them, then less product will be sold. If less product is sold, then the company goes out of business or decides to no longer make the product. We don't want that.

Its not about the company making more money... its about the company just being able to continue making money and sell the product. That's the bottom line. I know no one wants a plastic bottle, but the reality of it is, if they don't switch, then we might risk losing it all together. I think the only thing we can do now is keep an eye on it and let them know that, even if we aren't happy about the plastic, the most important thing is that they don't alter the formula. Its a scent we grew up with, as did our fathers and our father's fathers. We don't want to lose that history.. that's the most important thing.

As far as passing on savings, no it won't be cheaper, but since the bottle weighs less now, you'll get 4oz for your money instead of 3.5.

Gentlemen, start stocking up. :thumbup:

Got the last three bottles at the local Target. I'll probably pick up a few more over the coming weeks.

I had totally missed all of this, but I knew something was up. I was at my local walmart that I don't go to that much, but the only store in the area that carries the grand daddy double sized AV bottles. I thought I would grab an extra one while I was there.. that was last week, and NONE in stock! they usually have tonnes. Seems they discontinued it untill the new ones are in likely. That's not good for me. I don't know if I want it in plastic. I might be stopping with it, or switching products :(

Get to shopping! You should be able to find some up North before the Plastic crap arrives. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

I ran by my Wal Mart and they were all out. HEB had 10 3.5 oz bottles they had 8 left when I left with my Milk.

Last edited:
Still some good news here in Saginaw, MI. Haven't seen plastic anywhere yet. I get paid Friday, and told my girlfriend I would be busy going around buying the last of the AV. All she said was "you are such a loser". If being a loser means getting aftershave in a glass bottle, then I want to be a loser for the rest of my days.

Still some good news here in Saginaw, MI. Haven't seen plastic anywhere yet. I get paid Friday, and told my girlfriend I would be busy going around buying the last of the AV. All she said was "you are such a loser". If being a loser means getting aftershave in a glass bottle, then I want to be a loser for the rest of my days.

Traduced from Women's language : "You'd better buy a bag or a pair of shoes or anything else, but for me..."
I'm kidding, but not too much...

Top Bottom