What's new

Aqua velva in glass bottle

About a 1.5 years ago there was a link posted here to website in Canada that still sold aqua velva in the glass bottle? I can’t find it now, but do any members still buy it in glass? I know I’m the us it’s all plastic bottles now.

As far as I know it is all plastic in Canada as well. I have not seen Aqua Velva in glass bottle in many years. Decanting is the only option, I am afraid.

+1 for decanting. I considered ordering a vintage bottle off eBay or buying new from Europe. I just couldn’t justify the expense for a budget/staple that I’d be using a lot of. So I bought from my local grocery store and decanted.

IMG_3283.jpeg

I have and use both the ”american” in plastic and the european (spanish) in glass and to be honest there isn’t much of a diference. The american is more…blue and has a heavier menthol kick but the scent is about the same. The european version is a tad smoother in scent and not as long lasting. But I understand if you just want the aftershave in glass.

Try Myrsol blue if you want the same vibe. Glass bottle, longer lasting scent and more skin food.

I bought a bottle of one of the European varieties just to have it in glass. I plan to refill it from the American plastic bottles. You can get those online - either the big square-shaped one with the modern label, or the older-looking one with the bumps on the side of the glass.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Some time back I found a partially empty glass AV bottle afloat in the 'Bay. Washed it out with IPA and have kept it filled with a syringe from "modern" plastic stock. I use it infrequently, but to my nose it loses the plasticky odor after a short time in the glass. It isn't an ancient bottle - the rear label includes a web address!

DSC01059.JPG

I used to have that bottle. I was shocked when they went to plastic, and very disappointed.

Just get one of the Spanish bottles and refill it with the American stuff!

Top Bottom