What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

How did everyone miss the other thread discussing this?

I have read through that thread and it is what caused me to write to Combe in the first place, however, I did not see anything in that thread that gave a hard date for when things were going to switch. It is possible I missed it though, it's a pretty long thread.

I will have to pick up a few bottles of each in glass just because for less the 4 dollars a bottle cant beat that here in my part of the states.

I actually find the warning "Flammable until dry.Do not apply near fire, flame or heat" on the label to be quite a chuckle. I betcha MacGyver could make C4 out of AV and petroleum jelly. :w00t:

The letter I received says that the formulation is not changing. The only change being made is the move to plastic bottles, because customers wanted it. After I got the letter I asked them if the plastic was going to change the scent at all. If I get a response back I will post it.

Or because a bunch of environmentalists wrote nasty letters and threatened boycotts? :001_rolle

I actually find the warning "Flammable until dry.Do not apply near fire, flame or heat" on the label to be quite a chuckle. I betcha MacGyver could make C4 out of AV and petroleum jelly. :w00t:

Hah, he could only do that with the glass bottle though. Yet another reason to go to plastic. :lol:

the letter i received says that the formulation is not changing. The only change being made is the move to plastic bottles, because customers wanted it. After i got the letter i asked them if the plastic was going to change the scent at all. If i get a response back i will post it.

omg, shatterproof hypocrisy version of "customer's allways right..." :mad3:

Last edited:
Or because a bunch of environmentalists wrote nasty letters and threatened boycotts? :001_rolle

I can't imagine any environmentalist lobbying for more plastic waste.

BTW, I've stocked up on some of the glass bottles myself while they last.

How did everyone miss the other thread discussing this?

I have read through that thread and it is what caused me to write to Combe in the first place, however, I did not see anything in that thread that gave a hard date for when things were going to switch. It is possible I missed it though, it's a pretty long thread.

Actually it is discussed here. While not a hard date, I think it is a pretty good estimate as they are probably not going to recall all the glass, destroy it, and put plastic on the shelves in February. Also, since users have already seen plastic out there, the date of February 1st is suspect. They have probably already stopped producing glass, there is just a bunch still in Distribution Centers. Now they are having a run on AV, because we are hording it, and then once there is no more glass to be had, sales will go through the floor, and they will probably discontinue it.

Last edited:
V

VR6ofpain

Just hit up Target. They had a shelf full of 10 glass bottle AV's in 7oz. I'm not planning to pick any up. I prefer Skin Bracer honestly...and I already missed the switch to "shatterproof bottles".

Now that it's in plastic bottles, we're not gonna use it anymore, right?

Thought so.

Sorry, but if it's being sold in milk jugs, I'm still buying it, and so is everyone else.

I wish companies would stop switching to plastic bottles. IMHO, Aqua Velva wasn't exactly classy in the glass bottle. I for one will never buy it in the plastic bottle. Fine if you do, but I won't. I don't buy beer or liquor in plastic either. Heck I don't buy hot sauce or maple syrup in plastic if I can avoid it. When a company switches to plastic I switch to a better company.

Top Bottom