What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

Jon, how are you guys doing up there? How did you fare with the storm? Most of my area has been without power since Friday. Looking like we won't get it back till the 7th. I havent shaved in a few days because Of the no power and no hot water. Might give the whole cold water shave thing a try later today though. Just gotta do it before I loose the light. Or else shave by candle light.

Good luck with your 1912 shave!

I don't know if there have been any new converts, but I have only gone back to a DE once since I bought my 1912. I even took the SE on vacation with me for a week.

I am very interested in being put on the list to try a 1912. I also want to know about what price I should be willing to pay for a Nice 1912, in a box with little apparent wear?

Right now I am waiting for a DE to be manufactured by Weber and a honed straight edge to be returned...now I want a ER 1912... or GEM 1912 if it the same shave.

THanks

Doug... then I can be on my way to wade thru the thick lather

Well folks, I couldn't wait...I found a GEM 1912 and a GEM Micromatic Open Comb, both of which are in very good condition...and got them both and their cases for a total of $9.99!

I hit the jackpot on that.

PIF to another

Thanks,

Doug

Well folks, I couldn't wait...I found a GEM 1912 and a GEM Micromatic Open Comb, both of which are in very good condition...and got them both and their cases for a total of $9.99!

PIF to another

Thanks,

Doug

Great Job Bergy one thing about SE and 1912 you can get them at great values as they arnt nearly as sought after as DEs, though Dave is trying to change that, i figure he has a box full of these and wants to get everyone to love and collect them so he can afford that addition on his house lmao

PIF to another

Thanks,

Doug

Nice score! I have gotten quite a good deal on some SE razors, but my cased ones were a bit more. Welcome to the world of SE! You may just fall in love with that 1912. Be sure to let us know what you think of them when you get them in and have a chance to give them a test drive.

wow. ok, i learned that i definitely cannot shave every day. i tried yesterday for another shave even though i normally wait at least a day in between. i used a new GEM Stainless blade in my 1912 and tore my face up. i haven't had this many nicks and irritation in a long time. :( my face just wasnt feeling it.

havent heard back for a little bit, but sled dog had one he sent out to me, so i can come off the list dave, make sure you have yours back in time,... and if you need one for new years shave this one is all yours cause i think i rememeber that being your plan

No one answered that can not be good,... may have to start PMing some folks if no one answers up in here in the next day or two,... let me know if ya need some detective help Dave, ill toss on my sherlock hat light up one of my pipes, and get to work for ya

No one answered that can not be good,... may have to start PMing some folks if no one answers up in here in the next day or two,... let me know if ya need some detective help Dave, ill toss on my sherlock hat light up one of my pipes, and get to work for ya

Nah it's fine. I guess it's gone. That's my last pass around.

Global hasn't posted since his last post in here he was going in for surgery wonder if he is okay I think he had it last

Global sent it off. Honestly fellas, I don't care. I spent $15 on it. It had a good run and won a lot of folks over to the Single Edge Side. It did it's job and did what I intended it to do.

4?
Ha. In a few months I got 2 lather catchers, 3 ER, 5 GEM, and a 1914 replace on the way. Not counting the 1924 I piffed and one more that I always forget about...
I blame this thread and Arley's eloquent waxing of his participation in this thread. And me being too impatient to be 4 Months down the pass list.
It's all Dave's fault!

:biggrin1:

Last edited:
Lol we may need a "it's Dave's fault" group, every time someone says SEs are getting expensive, it's Dave's fault lol, man SEs are suddenly talked about everywhere... its dDave's fault, another newbie talked into SE it's totally Dave's fault

And we thank him for it ;)

Top Bottom