What's new

GIVEAWAY! TWO Wilkinson Sword packages, Made in England, "Super Sword-Edge" in cellophane retail = 10 blades

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 20.30.37.png

Good luck!

Hi all,

Somewhere along the way in Nov and Dec 2023 as I re-ramped up from my wet shave hiatus of several years whilst I had a beard, I acquired MANY blades (too many), and I now see what I like best: Nacet, GSB, Astra SP, Derby Extra (will try Derby Premiums, that I hadn't even realized I bought on Amazon when I threw a bunch of stuff into cart during holiday sales (anyone else ever do this? 🤦🏻‍♂️ ), but the box is still closed though purchased in 2023, so I'm OK). In any event, I am taking part in the 2024 MacGyver challenge, so even though I might technically be OK in a blade exchange, I need to reduce clutter! (And blades!) SO, I have donated several packages of the Wilkinson as per the "donations needed" blades on the GBE list and sent to David, who gets huge kudos for arranging/managing GBE. (Those packages have been mailed to David for him to handle as his discretion; I view it as paying it forward as well, anyway.)

TO THE POINT OF THIS POSTING: I am paying-it-forward with a GIVEAWAY of two packages (in retail cellophane and cardboard) of Wilkinson Sword, Super Sword-Edge, Made in England. Total of ten blades. (See photos; free shipping.)

➡️ All I ask is that you (after a few shaves with a few of these blades), please post here in this thread and let everyone know how they compare, in your opinion, to other blades. I know there are many kind-hearted people who do similar positive things in life, and they can be found on here! Love this forum!

This is the first giveaway I am doing, so I'll keep it simple. Please copy-and-paste the list below, adding your name, into the next posting on this thread. I will then use random.org to generate a number based on $ of entries (so if 50 people, then I will use parameters 1-50, and so on; I think we know how that works). And then the blades ARE YOURS!

DEADLINE: Please post your name by 9:59pm EDT, Sunday, January 7, 2024 in an ongoing thread (copy-paste as noted, as usual).

_____ <copy/paste from here>________

"Wilkinson Sword, Super Sword-Edge, Made in England" Giveaway by @phdezra
so on

____ <end copy/paste here>_____

Here is some eye candy meanwhile (that is, if you consider vintage blades "eye candy" 😍:

View attachment 1775882
View attachment 1775883
Just a point of clarification @phdezra if you would be so kind.

Is this a CONUS specific area PIF, or is it open to members world-wide?

This is usually stated in the innumerable PIF's that good hearted members have donated in the past.

A very thoughtful and tasteful PIF indeed!

Last edited:
Just a point of clarification @phdezra if you would be so kind.

Is this a CONUS specific area PIF, or is it open to members world-wide?

This is usually stated in the innumerable PIF's that good hearted members have donated in the past.

A very thoughtful and tasteful PIF indeed!
Worldwide. Free shipping. I was actually thinking of writing not just CONUS! TY for the clarification!

Hi All,
Sorry for the delay in my review of these blades that phdezra generously gave away. I am still a newbie and wanted a little more experience to be able to give a better comparison and review. So, I have had quite a few shaves with the Wilkinson Sword stainless steel blades made in England. I used a GIllette Slim adjustable keeping on the 3 setting. I would use a Wilkinson sword for several shaves and then I would switch to another blade. I would then switch back and repeat the cycle to compare it to several other blades. First I compared it to a Merkur platinum coated. I found the Wilkinson sword to be equally sharp as the Merkur platinum, but smoother. I did find the Wilkinson sword tended to dull by the 3rd shave. I then used a Gillette blue and found the Wilkinson to be better in all areas. The next blade I used was a Shark Double Chrome. I found out the hard way with the Shark Blade that you need to make sure an adjustable razor is tightened completely. After I recovered from my mistake, I found the Shark to be sharper but not as smooth as the Wilkinson. At this point, I am using a yellow Gillette 7 O'Clock and it seems to be just as good if not a little better than the Wilkinson. If I have time I will add more posts comparing the Wilkinson sword to other blades. Of course this is only the opinion of a newbie and your opinions may differ greatly. Thanks again phdezra for sending me these blades!

Top Bottom