What's new

anyone here from Minneapolis?

it'd be nice if Garden of Eden carried Mama Bear soaps. I want to try it but i'm apprehensive about spending money on soaps I can't smell in person.

The Garden of Eden is a great store. I am trying to help them expand their men's shaving products. They hope to bring in more lines before Christmas.

I know it's a niche market but i'm surprised no one has tried opening a men's haberdashery in Mpls that only sold men's shaving products. it'd be great to be able to find a store that sold a large line of safety razors, soaps/creams, brushes, scuttles, blades and other random accessories.

it'd be nice if Garden of Eden carried Mama Bear soaps. I want to try it but i'm apprehensive about spending money on soaps I can't smell in person.

It's great that you mentioned this. I have suggested that they look into Mama Bear and they will probably be doing so soon.

I also suggested that they find a shave cream that can be custom scented at the register as they currently do with their shampoos, conditioners, bath gels, and lotions.

Another place I forgot to mention.

Belleson's Men's Clothing at 50th and France in Edina carries Trumper's.

They are having a big moving sale, which my be ending soon, if not already, and the remaining Trumper's has been heavily discounted.

I was last there a couple weeks ago and all they had left was some Rose cream, Lavendar cream, and Coral Skin Food. It may be gone buy now, but if not, the discounted prices are incredible.

They may carry Trumper's again in their new location, which is a few doors down. However, their full retail is a bit pricey.

It's great that you mentioned this. I have suggested that they look into Mama Bear and they will probably be doing so soon.

I also suggested that they find a shave cream that can be custom scented at the register as they currently do with their shampoos, conditioners, bath gels, and lotions.

I haven't been in there since I picked up my 3 pucks of Conks soaps but they should consider expanding their Conks selection. I think they only had 3 or 4 to choose from....I bought 2 almond and 1 amber.

but yeah, if they had Mama Bear I would definitely head back to their store and pick some up.

try this

if you have a gmail account you should be able to log in, save it to your 'my maps' and add places as you see fit.

Last edited:
just added an antique store up in Park Rapids, MN where I found 4 vintage safety razors for good prices. if any of you know of some decent antique stores that carry safety razors please add them to the map.

I'm wondering if I should edit the map so that it encompasses the entire globe? would prove useful for anyone on the road. it could include retailers that carry wetshaving products as well as antique stores where you've had success finding used vintage safety razors (unless you want to keep it secret ;))

I found Patel's Indian grocery, Central Ave at 18 1/2 NE Minneapolis, they had Godrej cream (reg and lime) $3.95

I stopped by Patel's today, and they actually had I think 4 varieties of Godrej, although their stock is getting close to the "Best if used by" dates. They also have Pear's Soap (not shaving soap) that I had heard about before somewhere, for about $1.50. I may stop back there for that.

On the other side of Central there is the Bombay Grocery, and they have 80 gram alum blocks for $1.99. I don't use one, but that is significantly less than I see quoted for buying this product online.

I would be interested in hearing what other stores catering to recent immigrants may carry. It would be nice to find an Indian store carrying the Gillette 7 o'clock blades.

I stopped by Patel's today, and they actually had I think 4 varieties of Godrej, although their stock is getting close to the "Best if used by" dates. They also have Pear's Soap (not shaving soap) that I had heard about before somewhere, for about $1.50. I may stop back there for that.

On the other side of Central there is the Bombay Grocery, and they have 80 gram alum blocks for $1.99. I don't use one, but that is significantly less than I see quoted for buying this product online.

I would be interested in hearing what other stores catering to recent immigrants may carry. It would be nice to find an Indian store carrying the Gillette 7 o'clock blades.

Very cool! I was in a hurry and only saw the two and didn't have time to cross the street and check the other store. There is another Patels in Bloomington that's next on my list. The Godrej Lime is very nice btw.

On a previous trip I checked out "Curry Up" in Maple Grove, they had no shaving supplies. And I've also checked a few Asian stores with no luck.

I just got an email from the CEO of GOE and she said they're looking for distribution for Mama Bear. I also recommended they expand their shave creams/soaps to include TOBS, JM Frasers, Trumpers, Proraso, etc.

I just got an email from the CEO of GOE and she said they're looking for distribution for Mama Bear. I also recommended they expand their shave creams/soaps to include TOBS, JM Frasers, Trumpers, Proraso, etc.

I'd love to be able to get TOBS and Mama Bear products there! I've been by the store a couple of times but haven't made it in yet.

I'd love to be able to get TOBS and Mama Bear products there! I've been by the store a couple of times but haven't made it in yet.

I hear ya. I told them I didn't like ordering items online I couldn't smell in person. there are a few exceptions like maybe Proraso or JM Frasers but for the creams and soaps where there's a lot of variety to choose from i'd rather smell them in person rather than take a chance on something I may not like. I still have my col conks pucks which i'm going through right now. i'm hoping by the time i'm done with the conks soaps GOE will have mama bear and TOBS creams added to their inventory.

I took a trip out to Patel's today and picked up 2 tubes of Godrej - Rich Foam and Lime Fresh. I hate menthol, so obviously I didn't get that, but they do carry it. I also picked up a tube each of Dettol and Old Spice Musk.

And they have Bird's Custard!!! :w00t: :a14: I haven't had that stuff in years! Gonna have to make some crumble to go with it. :biggrin:

Uh, er ... yeah. :blushing: Great shaving stuff. Ahem. Back to being manly now ... :cool: :a20:

Top Bottom