What's new

anyone here from Minneapolis?

Belleson's no longer carries any shaving stuff. I called them about Geo F. Trumper's.

Twill by Scott Dayton in the Galleria carries Truefitt & Hill (T&H) West Indian Limes, 1805, Trafalgar, Grafton, and Unscented in both the tubes and tubs. He also carries the aftershave balms. The tubs are $38.

The CVS on Nicollett & Franklin carries Florida Water Cologne.

The Wedge Co-op has Aubrey Organics Northwoods shaving cream and afteshave, Kiss My Face, and a few others that I can't think of. Oh, they have those cool Herban Cowboy mugs.

Euro-AM Bed & Bath carries Casswell-Massey and T&H soaps. I found a post here from 2007 stating that they carried Trumper's. I think they open around 10AM.

7101 France Avenue South
Edina, Minnesota 55435
(952) 920-8038

store called Ampersand at the galleria has an apothecary. carries Caswell, kiehls, jack black, Moltom brown, proraso, aos, malin-goetZ, edwin jagger, stands, bowls, brushes, and more

Thanks!

Once I saw Proraso, I was inclined to stop by, and to my amazement, they had the entire line at great prices:

Proraso tube - $10
Proraso tub (green/white)
Proraso Pre-Post (green/white) - $13
Proraso Foam
Proraso Liquid AS
C.O. Bigelow tube

Derby blades (100 pk)

Edwin Jagger DE 86 - $45
Edwin Jagger DE 89 (or 89L not sure) - $48

And there's no use stopping by tonight if you're looking for a Proraso tube. Wait a few days, as the stock is empty :smile:

store called Ampersand at the galleria has an apothecary. carries Caswell, kiehls, jack black, Moltom brown, proraso, aos, malin-goetZ, edwin jagger, stands, bowls, brushes, and more

Little India on Central Ave in NE MPLS has the following:

Godrej Lime/Deluxe (red)/Menthol Mist -$2.99
Old Spice Musk (Shulton India) - $4.99
Nice & Cool Alum block $1.99
Heero Alum block $1.99
Some kind of brush (boar/synthetic)

In case no one has mentioned it yet, there is an AoS store in the Mall of America (1st floor by Nordstrom) that carries the full line of AoS products as well as straights, strops, shaving brushes, and Merkur DE's. You can also pick up AoS at any Macy's. I have also heard (but haven't checked out) that Nieman Marcus carries Acqua di Parma, and there is one of those downtown in Gaviidae Commons. Does anyone know if Nordstrom still carries Truefitt and Hill?

I'm surprised I find no mention of it in the forums, but right down the hall from the Garden of Eden in St. Paul in the Victoria Crossing building there is a new barbershop called GENT. In addition to hair and beard cuts, they offer straight razor shaves. They also sell the full line of Merkur Razors, as well as some very nice dopp kits, straight razors, brushes, and razor stands. I've only window-shopped there so far when visiting the Garden, as it's not exactly the cheap stuff they're selling, but if I ever wanted to buy a Vision and a Silvertip brush in person, I know where to go!

I was shocked the other day, I browsed the shaving aisle at the Rainbow Foods in W. St. Paul, and there on the shelf were genuine Chinese Schick injector blades.

I stopped by TBS on Portland Avenue in Bloomington today. No Godrej or shaving supplies of any sort. I went across the street to find Patel's has closed. Then I went into the Family Dollar next door and bought a 10 pack of the store brand blades for $1. They turned out to be Korean made Dorco's.

Have any of you stopped at any of the Russian markets in the metro to see if they might have any shave related products available? I think there's one is Burnsville and one in Eagan. If I get a chance I'll check it out.

Has anyone seen pucks of VDH Luxury soap for sale lately? They formerly had them at Target (when I didn't want one), but now I only see them available there in a $20 kit that includes a mug and brush I don't want. Amazon sells 3 pucks for $15 plus shipping, but I don't want 3.
I saw in Walgreens today that they had the VDH glycerin soap, the first time I have seen any version other than the normal deluxe.

Last edited:
FYI - Gent opened a new grooming center in downtown Minneapolis today. It's skyway level, US Bank Building off Nicollet Mall. Just walked past and it looks like they have a small assortment of products, brushes, and razors (Jack Black and T&H for sure). It looks liked today (4/22) is their grand opening - 50% off services and 20% off products if you can get down there before 6:30.

http://gentcg.com/

I haven't posted on this thread for a while, but I found that J. Novachis in the 50th and France neighborhood carries Geo. F. Trumper. I also think that I've finally convinced my wife's salon to start stocking Taylor of Old Bond St. They've been asking me about men's products for a while.

Bespoke Hair Artisans in the 50th and France neighborhood in Edina now carries Taylor's. Right now they have creams, body soaps, and shampoos. They aren't carrying all of the lines, just Jermyn St., Sandalwood, Mr. Taylor's, and Eton College. They will soon have lavender, too.

I know it has been a couple years for the thread, but I figured that it is worth the inquiry. Has anyone been to the Art of Shaving at MOA?

I know it has been a couple years for the thread, but I figured that it is worth the inquiry. Has anyone been to the Art of Shaving at MOA?

I've been there, but not for over a year.

There's a new place in the Minneapolis area to buy shaving supplies now. The Duluth Trading Company on 98th St. & Lyndale (used to be Burger Brothers & Gander Mountain) has a Merkur razor, Personna blades, EJ Soaps, and Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne.

Has anyone seen pucks of VDH Luxury soap for sale lately? They formerly had them at Target (when I didn't want one), but now I only see them available there in a $20 kit that includes a mug and brush I don't want. Amazon sells 3 pucks for $15 plus shipping, but I don't want 3.
I saw in Walgreens today that they had the VDH glycerin soap, the first time I have seen any version other than the normal deluxe.

And so, a mere 11 months after my previous post quoted here, I found that Target in Crystal today had VDH Luxury soap on the shelf, priced at $3.99 for a puck. Picked one up.

Top Bottom