What's new

anyone here from Minneapolis?

For those out near Wayzata there is also Cherie Boutique Francaise. Was out that way yesterday and stopped by. It's mostly a perfumery, and they had some Penhaligon's, which is why I wanted to go there. The salesperson told me that they wouldn't be carrying it much longer b/c it doesn't sell and their selection is limited for that brand.

Here is their website http://www.cherieusa.com/ (not much to look at but it lists the brands they carry),

The only ones that have shaving products were L'Occitane, AOS, and Kiehl's as far as I could tell. Nice place to smell some colognes before plopping down big $$ on them, however.

I live in the southern suburbs and have a $50 gift card to Heimie's that I've been meaning to use for awhile. I don't have much inside info on local places to obtain good shaving gear, though, since I get most of my stuff online.

I do know that the Walgreens on Hwy 13 and Cliff Road carries the Pinaud line and a couple of brands of DE blades. :001_smile

I'm not familiar with Heimie's, where are they located? Services/products sold?

Heimies Haberdashery The Suit. The Shirt. The Tie.
400 St. Peter | St. Paul, MN 55102 | 651-224-2354 | MAP | CONTACT
Store Hours: Mon. - F. 10 am - 7 pm | Saturday 10 am - 5 pm | Sunday Closed

I went to school in St. Paul for 2 years and never knew the place existed :eek:

I can't blame you... neighborhoods in St. Paul each have a 2 block radius. Pretty easy to stay compartmentalized. Although, it does share a building with Great Waters... which makes the Hamm building a pretty good destination for me.

I am a sprinkler fitter (fire sprinklers). I do much of the sprinkler work for the entire Historic Hamm building. Heimies is an awesome store, in an awesome building, perhaps my favorite in the entire Twin Cities.

I am a sprinkler fitter (fire sprinklers). I do much of the sprinkler work for the entire Historic Hamm building. Heimies is an awesome store, in an awesome building, perhaps my favorite in the entire Twin Cities.

Ah... so that flood about a month ago over the post office must have kept you busy...

Yes, a chiller on second floor leaked over a whole weekend. Much of the ceiling on the mez floor the first floor and basement level theater dressing rooms had to be replaced. Thus sprinkler heads had to be repositioned once the old ceiling was torn out and new installed.

Would anyone be interested in creating a group for Minnesotans? We could discuss anything related to MN shaving or not, and keep these important, but off topic discussions off the main forums.

In addition to the above if you're around the Southdale Mall in Edina pop across the street to The Galleria. There is a L'Occitane there and I JUST found that there is also a store (called Ampersand, I believe, it's hard to find the name on the outside) completely stocked with AOS (brushes, creams, soaps, straights, strops, etc.) along with some Kiehl's. They seem to have a much better selection of AOS compared to Nordstrom's in MOA so I'm really excited. Also, check out Winston's Barber Shop on Lake St. in Uptown. They have a selection of e-Shave products (brushes, creams, and aftershaves).

saw the L'Occitane stuff today. also discovered another store in the Galleria called Twill by Scott Dayton that carries Truefitt & Hill stuff. They had a silvertip badger brush, soaps, creams, brush stand and razor (not safety razor). It's a high end clothing store that mainly sells suits.

I got sick of doing everything mail order, so I went on a shave expedition today.

I found a shop on Grand Ave at Victoria in Saint Paul (The Garden of Eden), they had the Col Conk line ($3.95/puck) and Omega cream ($10.95/tube 150ml) along with some misc brushes, balms and aftershave.

I found Patel's Indian grocery, Central Ave at 18 1/2 NE Minneapolis, they had Godrej cream (reg and lime) $3.95

There's probably many more places, but this will do it for me for awhile.

I got sick of doing everything mail order, so I went on a shave expedition today.

I found a shop on Grand Ave at Victoria in Saint Paul (The Garden of Eden), they had the Col Conk line ($3.95/puck) and Omega cream ($10.95/tube 150ml) along with some misc brushes, balms and aftershave.

I found Patel's Indian grocery, Central Ave at 18 1/2 NE Minneapolis, they had Godrej cream (reg and lime) $3.95

There's probably many more places, but this will do it for me for awhile.

The Garden of Eden is a great store. I am trying to help them expand their men's shaving products. They hope to bring in more lines before Christmas.

The Garden of Eden is a great store. I am trying to help them expand their men's shaving products. They hope to bring in more lines before Christmas.

Very cool! It's great to be able buy local (not just Williams & VDH).

Marvy Barber supply (Snelling Ave at St Clair) also has a lot of stuff such as Omega brushes, many different aftershaves and Derby blades.

Very cool! It's great to be able buy local (not just Williams & VDH).

Marvy Barber supply (Snelling Ave at St Clair) also has a lot of stuff such as Omega brushes, many different aftershaves and Derby blades.

I forgot to mention that I buy the following shaving products from The Garden of Eden: Col. Conk Soaps, Col. Conk Styptic Pencil, Omega soap and cream, Pre de Provence soap, cream, and baume apres rasage, Kiss My Face, Kiehl's, C&E soaps and creams, Lucky Tiger, and Royall.

I forgot to mention that I buy the following shaving products from The Garden of Eden: Col. Conk Soaps, Col. Conk Styptic Pencil, Omega soap and cream, Pre de Provence soap, cream, and baume apres rasage, Kiss My Face, Kiehl's, C&E soaps and creams, Lucky Tiger, and Royall.

I bought some Col Conk today.
This is great that you are helping them build their lines. Us Minnesotans should frequent the place and spread the word that they have quality supplies.

I found it through Col Conk, I emailed them looking for MN dealers

Top Bottom