What's new

Anyone good at cracking codes?

Interesting. I'll take a wild guess that each world is separated by parenthesis and each character by a slash. Punctuation is left unaltered. There's repetition, and my guess that each group is a letter in substitution style.

That would be correct sir.

Well there was a ton of errors in the code (including spelling mistakes in the decoded text) but I've got it.

“I’m ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art! You do not want to mess with me! Check it out. Hey Ripley! Don‘t worry, me and my squad of ultimate badass will protect you. Check it out, independently targeting particle-beam phalanax vvwhap! Fry half a city wit ths puppy. We got tacticle smart missles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks”

thats it. i had to stop several times while writing it to do chores and whatnot, i went back over it to edit it but apparently i wasn't as through as i thought. Hopefully you feel it wasn't a complete waste of time figuring it out. nicely done though.

It was fun.

Were the 6-character codes actually calculated from something, or was it simply a random code per letter?

I got started by figuring out that the apostrophe word in line 1 was likely "i'm". It all fell into place from there, as there was a 13-letter word that then also began with "i" and only had a few possibilities.

Last edited:
Im glad you got a kick out of it. From what I can remember, this was back in 97-98 mind you, I wrote a-z vertically on a piece of paper and about 5 inches over i wrote 0-9 and the punctuation marks. The code for A was completely random, and the rest I simply wrote to be different from every other line. Ive been thinking about how I wrote this and why it was giving people so much trouble and I remember now there was another part. We were all into military history and impressed at the effectiveness of Navajo as code during the 40s, so my best friend and I made a list of code phrases to substitute words. I lost that list but I remember how stupid some of them were, for example "pita baboon" was "hide" and "tutu wonton" meant "run." Oh yea, haha, "exo-kazi" was "boobs." Suddenly I feel I should have been much more productive in my youth. :001_rolle

Top Bottom