What's new

Any Runners in the B&B ranks?

Fatty doesn't run. Fatty has bad knees. From being too fat.

Fatty uses elliptical machines primarily.

In high school I ran a lot, but college was a disaster, health wise. Running would be a great workout, but my knees just can't take it. Walking is it for now, but in the summer I'm hoping to do some interval training outside instead of running on the boring elliptical. I keep working on it, and my body fat levels are improving, but it's hard.

Normally, I would take responsibility for my health, but as an American citizen, it is my patriotic duty to...

Sue McDonalds! It's their fault your honor! :lol:

Running is a passion. I've finished 5 marathons and many shorter races. I'll be at Boston on Patriot's Day after qualifying at Houston marathon last year.

I'll pick you to run with when the lions are released. :D

"You don't have to be the fastest, just not the slowest."

Reminds of this anecdote of a couple of runners doing a marathon in the wild (Africa, I think). Upon encountering a rhino (or some other wild animal) they stopped and the one of them started running. The exchange went something like:

"What are you doing? You can't outrun a [rhino]!"

"No, I just need to outrun you!"

[I heard they tell the same story every year at the Phily Marathon dinner.]

I have a love and hate relationship with running...

I could never get my breathing right...

maybe I will start running again; when I did run I would do about 20 miles a week...

I've read books and heard from coaches and they all say the breathing rhythm comes naturally after you've been running for a while. I find that to be true. I develop a sort-of breathing cadence after training for a few weeks. In the first few weeks after a few months of running, it's really difficult though. I'm not as hardcore as some people though, but I love the sport and the benefits are just great. I over-trained last year (rookie mistake) and hurt my knee but I'll go back to training when it gets a little less chilly.

I am thinking of kicking it old school with some wind sprints... this will remind me of the good old football two a days:w00t::w00t::w00t:

seriously thinking about it :biggrin:

Top Bottom