What's new

Any custom stand ideas?

Should have read OR powder coated. I went back to correct it and you'd beat me to the post. I'm not too concerned about the metal touching the razor but I like to think of all possible scenarios and it getting knocked over could potentially be one. a couple of rubber oil seals fitting inside the circular cutouts for the handles would be nice for what I'm thinking or maybe some oil seals....

a grommet could easily fit in side the rings versus an o-ring that may work. Let me go check....

[EDIT] Yep, the ones I have are too small ID but the OD just fit right around the ring. A proper grommet would solve that issue and wouldn't move at all.

Last edited:
One of these guys would make for a pretty cool custom stand

proxy.php

Ok...nice first attempt. I like where you're going, but I was thinking more "fluid" in appearance. Does that make sense?. It feels cramped and more utilitarian than dsiplay.

Or do I owe you an apology?

Maybe something like a tree shaped structure with little metal circles, so the razors can fit in? Perhaps made from one large piece of bent wire steel. The wire can be bent to create the circles. It would look like razor tree.

Hi Ken,
This is what I did to an existing Merkur Shaving Stand which only accommodated one razor. I just added a readily available coat hook to the back and now it holds three razors instead of one and looks great.

View attachment 151674

Regards,
BarrysCool

I started on another prototype stand last night, something a little more fluid out of sheetmetal that should be a bit more elegant. If I get any progress I'll post some pics tonight.

I started on another prototype stand last night, something a little more fluid out of sheetmetal that should be a bit more elegant. If I get any progress I'll post some pics tonight.

I can't find the emoticon for impatiently tapping my foot...so yeah:glare:

Can't wait to see it...:thumbup:

I would like to have the skill & tools to fashion something out of metal. I whipped up this wooden stand in about 20 minutes using a piece of leftover baseboard.

proxy.php

I would like to have the skill & tools to fashion something out of metal. I whipped up this wooden stand in about 20 minutes using a piece of leftover baseboard.

proxy.php

Classy! You need to make a bottle for that witch hazel, though. I've got the same one and man o man, is it an eyesore!

Nice setup 'guns.

Top Bottom