What's new

Customs duties on Wolfman acquisition shipped to USA?

Hi there,
I got stuck in a maze of uncertain information, hence I though I would ask the community here for some advice.
I am based in Germany and I often use a forwarder to combine my purchases in the US. The forwarder is based in NH.
I was trying to figure out if I could get an extra Wolfman Guerrilla base plate (ca. $90) from James and have it delivered to the same US forwarder.
This is where I get lost:
1. Tara cannot confirm it would be duty free. She just declares the purchase value but does not know how this ends for the customer.
2. The forwarder tells me they don't process any duty, hence I should fill out a US Customs 5106 form to be sent to the carrier, because I am a customer outside the US (but how would customs know?)
3. If I use a import duties calculator I get $0

Do you pay import duties on your Wolfies?
Does being European make a difference even when the address is in the US?
Did any EU fellow try this before?

Any help in sorting this out is really appreciated!
cheers

Wouldn’t any potential duty just be based on the value that the forwarder lists on the form (or that you list, if you’re providing it for them)?

Thanks for reading and sorry, I was not clear.
I am only talking about the Canada-US leg: James would ship from Canada, the item would cross the US border and here it might incur in duties before getting to the forwarder. The forwarder would not pay in such case, hence my question.
The US-EU leg is well known and under control.

I hope it's clearer now :)
Thanks!

You welcome.
I don't think so. I have bought few razors from Wolfman and never had any issues. They label the stuff correctly and it just sails through.

Interested to know how this works out. I was under the impression Wolfman wouldn’t ship to PO boxes or mailboxes and forwarders.

They label the stuff correctly and it just sails through.

Really wish they didn't... customs fees over here are harsh. I try to buy secondhand whenever possible.

Anything below $800 is tax free and no paperwork is required.

Less than $800 in a single transaction incurs no US Duties (Taxes). I have received multiple packages at times from Ali Express that in large groups of random items and never had any duties on those either.

Top Bottom