What's new

Alternatives to Nuavia Pannacrema

My greetings, good morning!
As as we know since last summer Nuavia Pannacrema soaps are just a memory and out of production.
Can you indicate alternative soaps that are similar in quality and performance to the latest Nuavia?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It had a formula very similar to Martin de Candre, so that would be my first choice. If you’re in the EU, 3P brick also has a similar formula.

Steve56

Sure,

3P: Stearic acid, Aqua, Cocos nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Sodium hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium carbonate.

MdC (glass jar) Stearic acid, Aqua, Coconut acid, Potassium hydroxide, Glycerin, Aroma.

I don’t currently have Pannacrema on hand but the formula was very similar to MdC which is similar to 3P.

Edit, internet to the rescue. Pannacrema Nera: stearic acid, water, cocos nucifera oil, potassium hydroxide, butyrospermum parkii butter, glycerin, fragrance, calendula officinalis

Catie's Bubbles looks similar as well as Southern Witchcrafts. Both are pretty good lather wise, fragrance - it's different for everyone but I really like SW 'darker' smelling soaps.

Catie's Bubbles - Ingredients: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, shea butter, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, jojoba oil, sodium lactate, and glycerin

Southern Witchcrafts - Ingredients: Water, stearic acid, shea butter, castor oil, potassium hydroxide, glycerine, coconut oil, sodium lactate, sodium hydroxide, jojoba oil, aloe powder, liquid aloe, isopropyl myristate, kaolin clay, fragrance

Yes, now the Nuavia are all sold at a very low discounted price.
Too bad it was a remarkable and excellent soap.
Who knows why the Pannacrema company it stopped production. :rolleyes:
Maybe sales had dropped?
If manufacturers had only offered consumers soap refills without focusing solely on the strong fragrance and bowl, would it have lowered the price and sold more?
However, it is now too late.
There are just as many very good shaving soaps on the market.

Last edited:
Sure,

3P: Stearic acid, Aqua, Cocos nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Sodium hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium carbonate.

MdC (glass jar) Stearic acid, Aqua, Coconut acid, Potassium hydroxide, Glycerin, Aroma.

I don’t currently have Pannacrema on hand but the formula was very similar to MdC which is similar to 3P.

Edit, internet to the rescue. Pannacrema Nera: stearic acid, water, cocos nucifera oil, potassium hydroxide, butyrospermum parkii butter, glycerin, fragrance, calendula officinalis
If only that were the case... then companies like MDC can even close down.
Even if a soap has a similar incidence it doesn't mean they are the same, saying that 3p + like MDC and like Nuavia is crazy
Nuavia is definitely better performing in everything, even if they have a similar effect "that's not all the effect of a soap"

3p is produced by TFS Torino and is definitely the poorest of the 3 that have been listed
If it would be enough to rely only on the INCI then soaps with an infinite INCI list would be the best in the world "which is absolutely not true"

Steve56

Fair enough, and I said that they were similar, not the same. Is 3P the worst of the 3? I’d say yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s bad, and in Europe, it’s around 15€ for 1000ml. It’s slick, and that’s really all you need for SR usage, though it does also build a pretty good lather.

Fair enough, and I said that they were similar, not the same. Is 3P the worst of the 3? I’d say yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s bad, and in Europe, it’s around 15€ for 1000ml. It’s slick, and that’s really all you need for SR usage, though it does also build a pretty good lather.
I never compare the cost first... I'm talking about the performance of the soap, if we're talking about costs 3p wins without a doubt
but comparing a 3p with MDC or Nuavia seems forced to me
In Italy 3p is a supermarket soap

3p is produced by TFS Torino and is definitely the poorest of the 3 that have been listed
If it would be enough to rely only on the INCI then soaps with an infinite INCI list would be the best in the world "which is absolutely not true"
Goodmorning Sir.
Where did you read that 3P soap is made by TFS?
What are your sources of information?
To me, 3P soap appears to be another manufacturer.

Goodmorning Sir.
Where did you read that 3P soap is made by TFS?
What are your sources of information?
To me, 3P soap appears to be another manufacturer.
There is no 100% certainty, I am Italian and TFS produces for the vast majority of supermarket soap producers
The law does not require you to write on the package who actually produces it, but only which company sells it

I'm Italian too but I don't see that 3P is a supermarket soap, in fact it's difficult to find even in herbalist shops in many areas of Italy.
So I don't even believe that 3P is produced by TFS but by another manufacturer

If only that were the case... then companies like MDC can even close down.
Even if a soap has a similar incidence it doesn't mean they are the same, saying that 3p + like MDC and like Nuavia is crazy
Nuavia is definitely better performing in everything, even if they have a similar effect "that's not all the effect of a soap"
It is true that the base of Martin de candre and Nuavia soap is different richer than that of the cheaper 3P soap however MDC could never go out of business.
Unlike Pannacrema, the French soap factory has many more years of activity and experience and produces other types of soaps, not just shaving.
Pannacrema was based a lot on the ritual of shaving, a nice looking ceramic bowl, a well-curated presentation card dedicated to the buyer, I don't doubt the qualities of the soap, I only observe that a producer should follow consumers' instructions and adapt to the competition changing its market strategies to differentiate itself over the years.

It is true that the base of Martin de candre and Nuavia soap is different richer than that of the cheaper 3P soap however MDC could never go out of business.
Unlike Pannacrema, the French soap factory has many more years of activity and experience and produces other types of soaps, not just shaving.
Pannacrema is based a lot on the ritual of shaving, a nice looking ceramic bowl, a well-curated presentation card dedicated to the buyer, I don't doubt the qualities of the soap, I only observe that a producer should follow consumers' instructions and adapt to the competition changing its market strategies over the years.
I agree

Top Bottom