What's new

Acquisitions Monday March 5 - Sunday March 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my trip to Ireland :
Boots AS Freeshwood,
Pit rock Crystal (2x)
Received from Mama Bear's : masculine musk SS (new recipe) fantastic smell :thumbup:
Toasted coconut SS another great smell
Ylang Ylang SS (Thanks Mama)
Mama I'm an addict now:wink:

Raphaël

From my trip to Ireland :
Boots AS Freeshwood,
Pit rock Crystal (2x)
Received from Mama Bear's : masculine musk SS (new recipe) fantastic smell :thumbup:
Toasted coconut SS another great smell
Ylang Ylang SS (Thanks Mama)
Mama I'm an addict now:wink:

Raphaël

Raphael,

Any Mitchell's Wool Fat soap from your trip?

jim

Been a good week since a lot of my stuff arrived.
full

Beautiful brushes and razors! :thumbup:

I'm trying to decide how nice of a brush I want to get to upgrade from my Proraso Omega. Everytime I see a picture of someone's B&B brush I think that maybe I should hold off on buying a brush until the 2007 B&B brushes come are available to order (I'm assuming that there will be 2007 B&B brushes and razors).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was Driving but the Antique Mall that I had the large haul and said lets just stop maybe he drop off some more doubted it but, He did:

2 Large handle Silver Techs NIB $3
1 Gold Ball Tech NIB $6
1 Schick NIB $2
1 50's SS Mint in Case $5
15 Packs Vintage unopened Blades $10
And I splurge And Spent $13 on This

View attachment 5989

View attachment 5990

Anticipation!!!!!

Haha, this thread convinces me that cartridge razors and canned stuff is way cheaper. :001_tt2:

Yeah, but you've got to admit, this stuff looks way better whilst shaving than a utilitarian cartridge razor and canned goo!

My acquisitions? B&B finest horn came yesterday! Yay! and a Garantie 4/8 spike point won on eBay!

Nice package from Mama Bear arrived today containing:

-Marauder's Citrus SS and

-Kiwi and Melon SC(do not look for it on her website-this was a special request).

Marty

Purchased on Feb. 14th - Gillette - Azul Aco Inox - Gillette do Brasil Ltdo.

Blue Inox
Produced in stainless steel, with wire coated with a special material that reduces the consuming and provides one to shave softer.

On my recent trip to Brazil, I happened to forget to pack my Derby blades :eek: , and had to search out DE blades. The Blue Inox blades were all that I could find, as South America... or, at least Brazil... has also fallen prey to the multi-blade market, just like in the US. :001_rolle

The Blue Inox blades actually gave me a close, comfortable shave.

chop-chop

Friday's haul. From The Gentlemen's Quarter, Creams and matching soaps, Bay Rum with Sweet Orange and Provence Lavender.

From Smallflower, 2 Tubes Tabac Cream and 2 Tabac soap discs.

In this afternoon's mail:

1 4oz container of "Very V" shaving cream
1 3" cake of Shea-Butter Avocado-Oil shaving soap
1 3.3oz atomizer of "Very V" EDT

I also purchased three Gillette 3-piece razors on eBay this week, but will refrain from posting photos of them until they arrive and I've had a chance to clean-up any shmootz.

Yes, my RAD is under control: three Schick Injector SEs and four Gillette DEs. So is my SCAD/SSAD. But my gold-plated 1930s "New Gillette" Special really shines!

Man, that must be one of the best $13 a man has ever spent.

Yeah, but you've got to admit, this stuff looks way better whilst shaving than a utilitarian cartridge razor and canned goo!

My acquisitions? B&B finest horn came yesterday! Yay! and a Garantie 4/8 spike point won on eBay!
Oh I know. :biggrin:

My purchase list this week

-Shavemac 977 Pure from VB
-Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel, Alba Coconut Lime shaving cream, and KMF Lavender creme

A local health store here has all kinds of MKF cremes on sale for $4.29. I need to resist temptation. :lol:

Today I was out scouting the CVS's in the eastern Twin Cities metro area and came back to Badgerland with quite a haul. I picked up the one and only red palmolive for $0.75 along with the last two bottles of Old Spice Pure Sport AS splash in the big 6.75 oz frosted glass bottles for $1.95 each! They also had 7 or 8 small tubes of Gillette SPF15 facial moisturizer for $1.65 each so I picked up 3 of those on a whim. My original plan was to get some Pinaud Clubman AS, but once I saw all these clearance items, I was on them like stink on :9898: . :rolleyes:

To top it all off, I was standing in line to check out and the woman in front of me notices my Old Spice and tears out a manufacturer's coupon for a dollar off! Then when I finally got home, I was reviewing my reciept...he only charged me for one bottle. This was an honest mistake and, had I caught it at the store, I would have said something, but...yay me! :tongue_sm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom