What's new

Acquisitions May 25 - 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Bull Mastiff and razor racks -just awesome!!!!
Mama Bears soaps
My first Tabac puck off bst
100 sharks from the bay

Went to a medieval re-enactment fair earlier today. In a booth selling horn and bone items I found this:

proxy.php

Sorry about the crappy webcam pic. - my DSLR is at home. I will post better pics. asap.

The brush looks a lot like the RasurPur brush; http://www.rasurpur.de/english/shop/shop.html - except that the handle on mine is more elaborate and the knot looks like pure or best badger, not silvertip. The handle is clearly made by the same person - or at least using the same technique - as the RasurPur brush.

The brush shedded a gazillion hairs upon wetting it the first time - but it has stopped now. Most of the shedded hairs were shorter than the actual loft of the brush, I suspect the knot had not been brushed for loose hairs before setting ir in the handle.

I will try it out and post better pics tomorrow.

Regards.

Jakob

I picked up two straights and a 66' travel Gillette. The first straight is a Wade & Butcher. The second is a James Elliot. Both had horrible horn scales that could not be saved, so I unpinned them right when I got home. Here's the blades though...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

and all that for only $30 :biggrin:. Not bad, eh?

Last edited:
Just got back from a little outing. And found three I couldn't pass up from left to right:

1933-1941 Schick Repeating Razor - the blades auto load from a slot in the side top, everything collapses down into a simple box, a real engineering marvel, IMHO. Just got this for the ingenious design.

1940-41 New Improved Schick Injector - aluminum handle, gold head, plastic deco box

1918 Ever-Ready Army Razor - made for American troops for WWI, case is in very good shape (a little fraying on a a couple of stitches) razors and other metals is in fair shape, appears to have original "Radio Steel" Ever-Ready blades.

proxy.php

What a great haul! The Schick injector razor (type F) is very difficult to come by cause it was manufactured for one year only.. ! Congrats again.

Thanks. Didn't know the 1940-41 Schick was made for only one year. Just liked the box design and hadn't seen one before. And I'm not into collecting Schicks. Until now.

I didn't know that Ever-Ready made razors for the troops. Makes sense. I suppose most manufacturers did. At least the big ones. At the store, I thought it was probably a Gillette case with an Ever-Ready stuck in. Waits' Compendium showed me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom