What's new

Acquisitions May 25 - 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been taking it easy on acquisitions lately but I just had to pick up some stuff from West Coast Shaving to feed my RAD, SCAD, SSAD, BAD, ASAD and a couple other things as well. I replaced the Futur I foolishly sold off last fall, got some Speick and Musgo Real ASB, Speick and Musgo Real shaving cream, Mitchell Wool Fat Shave Soap, Speick and Mitchell Wool Fat Bath Soap, 100 Astra blades, 10 Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge blades, 10 Dorco 301 blades, and a Speick Deo Stick. It's probably my biggest individual acquisition in sheer number of items bout at once.
proxy.php

Got this nice little vintage Gillette travel boar brus in the mail today:

proxy.php

It is really small; only 7.5 cm tall. I bought this in order to restore it, but due to it's small size and a crack in the handle I will leave it as it is and display it.

proxy.php

The bottom says; Whiting Adams. Trade VULCAN Mark. Rubber Cemented

Regards.

Jakob

You should reknot that thing. It's a very cool piece but that knot makes me cringe

Edit: Just saw your post

I think I would have trouble finding a knot with a small anough diameter - and I fear that I might split the hande, which is nickeled brass - and hollow btw, if I tried to remove the old knot.

Regards.

Jakob

I just got a box from West Coast Shaving.

50 Feathers
100 Personna red pack
10 7 O'clock yellow pack
5 Bic Platinum Chrome
5 Astra
Proraso aftershave splash
Speick eau de cologne

Last edited:
It is really small; only 7.5 cm tall. I bought this in order to restore it, but due to it's small size and a crack in the handle I will leave it as it is and display it.
What a nice find Jakob! If you had two of them would you rebristle one?

I mentioned the Snakewood straight before and the black handled one I just got back from a resto/honing (thanks Floppyshoes) but I now have some pics. I also got some Tabac and I love it!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom