What's new

Acquisitions December 10 to December 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from a friend the other day who said he knew some folks moving into a house where a 93 year old aunt had lived, and they said they had to move a lot of junk out. He asked them to keep an eye out for any old razors for me. They found some, and gave them to him. Here they are!

full

I won't get to meet them until Dec. 23 at the earliest, though. :frown:

Just so I'm sure.... that is a Fat Boy, and some sort of GEM, right? The GEM uses a single edge blade? I know the Fat Boy is a popular razor, but what about the other? I almost bought a Fat Boy a month or so ago, so I'm thrilled to be getting this one.

GEM Featherweight. Great little razor.

I occasionally use one for touchup if my current eBay special hasn't quite come upto snuff

Items I acquired on B&B this week:
TOBS Avocado shave cream
TOBS Bay Rum splash
SCS Bay Rum w/ a Twist EDT
Some samples of Speick

Last week I also made a great new addition to my shave den that I will include here:
AOS Lavender shave cream
C. O. Bigelow Bay Rum AS balm

I went to C&E today and got their very last Best Badger Brush! They sold me the display brush as they only had the pure badger in stock at $35. I'm excited to try it out tomorrow. I also received my B&B sample package today (finally) and am looking forward to working my way through it. Overall a very good day.

PS. just because I got a C&E BBB doesn't mean I'm not going to get the B&B essential brush...I'm still getting it!

proxy.php

Bought this at a local old-school hardware store (Parker Astin) in Bryan, Texas. Very thick and creamy, very light, pleasant scent.

They do have a website and I'll give this cream a swirl tomorrow morning and report back to everyone after that.

Picked this up today. I won't say for how much, I would be embarrassed. :blush:

Mappin & Webb 5/8 Spike Point in pretty nice shape. Came out of the box (wrong one) sharp enough to pop
the hairs off the back of my arm.

full

full

full

Picked this up today. I won't say for how much, I would be embarrassed. :blush:

Mappin & Webb 5/8 Spike Point in pretty nice shape. Came out of the box (wrong one) sharp enough to pop
the hairs off the back of my arm.

I'm jealous....

proxy.php

Picked up some of the basics from Charles at QED. He threw in the Real Shaving Co cream free because he had just run out of TOBS Avocado in a tub. How's that for customer service! :thumbup1: I lathered up some Tabac just in my hand and couldn't believe how much rich, slick, creamy lather I was able to generate using just a few swirls worth of soap. Can't wait to actually shave with it.

3 new vintage blades added to my herd. :biggrin1:

From left to right.....

George Wostenholm IXL 5/8 Full Hollow Ground Spanish Point, Etched Blade, Silver Inlaid Black Celluloid Scales

Yankee Cutlery "Parisian" 6/8 Square Point Hollow Ground, Etched Blade, Silver & Pearl Inlaid Black Celluloid

Wade & Butcher 6/8 Quarter Hollow Notch Point, Black Bakelite (Chipped)

All the blades are in great shape. Only on the W&B is there a problem with the scales.

full

:a14: I received a new gift wrapped glass jar of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shave cream.
5.3 oz. of pure shaving joy. I have never tried any C&E products before.

Steve

sweet! i havent tried any of the c&e stuff yet either. your secret santa must be in tune with you.

cheers and happy holidays!

ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom