What's new

Acqua di Parma clone artisan soap

SV Colonia from Bullgoose is one of my favorites. If you prefer tallow get the Piacenza from Stirling, but I must say that SV Colonia, in the new 4.3 beta, is as good as a tallow soap and nails the scent.

Declaration Grooming's Colonia Balsamica is another great performing soap, if you can find it. It's not a clone of ADP, but is definitely influenced by it. I'm bad at describing scents, but it has the traditional citrus with something sort of like moss underneath. It's like they took ADP and added some light floral scents to it.

SV Colonia from Bullgoose is one of my favorites. If you prefer tallow get the Piacenza from Stirling, but I must say that SV Colonia, in the new 4.3 beta, is as good as a tallow soap and nails the scent.
I totally agree. Best non tallow soap base I have.

Years ago when Razorock came into the business - the 1st gen razorock xxx was an exact clone of adp...then he was forced to change the formula and since then the xxx has smelled different.

I don’t know about the current generation- I gave up.

Wish joe would bring back original version.

If Razorock produced a soap that smelled a lot like ADP cologne, it still could not be an "exact clone" as it was a soap and not a fragrance. Besides, scents are not patented. They are protected only as trade secrets. So unless someone from Razorock stole the formula from ADP, they could not force him to change the soap. Perhaps, they threatened him with a law suit and he backed down to avoid the hassle.

With modern analytical instrumentation, it is certainly possible that someone could reverse engineer a popular scent and make something that smells quite similar, but unless they have a copy of the original formula and ingredients, it is not an exact clone.

What you cannot do however is infringe on the trademarked name or logo. If you say "inspired by ....." or "compare to ...." that should not be a cause for infringement.

There are lot of companies making a living off fragrances that sell for $10 that smell a lot like scents costing $100 or more, but they are not exact clones.

Top Bottom