What's new

Acqua di Parma clone artisan soap

Hi all,
I'm searching a new soap for spring/summer, and like many of you, I enjoy the performance of a good artisan soap.

I like as well the scent of Acqua di Parma, and I would like to ask suggestions for a good artisan soap with a fresh colonia scent like AdP.

Any suggestions?

I ask too much if I would like as well a touch of menthol?

Thanks

Bullgoose’s Colonia soap made for him by SV is one of my favorites topped off with some fine Italian Citrus AS which will give you your touch of menthol.

Bullgoose’s Colonia soap made for him by SV is one of my favorites topped off with some fine Italian Citrus AS which will give you your touch of menthol.

This is the one, fantastic soap. Highly recommend getting the matching Colonia aftershave with it.

Thanks for all suggestions, especially about Stirling Piacenza which look a real winner as performance/scent/price.

I now need to check also for a matching AS Splash which is sold to Europe without Alchool base restrictions.

I already got suggestion about Fine Italian Cirrus, should be easy to find here, hope the scent profile is similar to AdP.

l'occitane cade matador pils zizanie september 23 2016.jpg

Thanks for all suggestions, especially about Stirling Piacenza which look a real winner as performance/scent/price.

I now need to check also for a matching AS Splash which is sold to Europe without Alchool base restrictions.

I already got suggestion about Fine Italian Cirrus, should be easy to find here, hope the scent profile is similar to AdP.

Yourshaving.com carries Razorock XXX aftershave.

Hamleto, I wore Aqua Di Parma for years, and I've tried both RazoRock XXX and Fine Italian Citrus clones. A lot of guys love those last two, but I find they just don't have the magic of the real thing, the masterpiece. I guess I've been spoiled. Of course you may feel differently.

Hamleto, I wore Aqua Di Parma for years, and I've tried both RazoRock XXX and Fine Italian Citrus clones. A lot of guys love those last two, but I find they just don't have the magic of the real thing, the masterpiece. I guess I've been spoiled. Of course you may feel differently.

I’ve never smelled the real thing but fwiw, the fine and razorock borh smell very close to each other.

Another vote for SV/Asylum Colonia. The soap performance is top notch. The scent is not identical to AdP, but hits the major notes.

I like Fine Italian Citrus, too. Again, not a clone, but I like the scent of it more than the other AdP inspired splashes.

Guitarslinger, what kind of guitar do you play and what kind of music. I've been studying jazz guitar for nine years, and I play a 335.

I play a warmoth telecaster custom with a b16 bigsby.

I play dream-pop/shoegaze/post-rock.

I’ve been singing and playing for 26 years.

proxy.php

Guitarslinger, what kind of guitar do you play and what kind of music. I've been studying jazz guitar for nine years, and I play a 335.
335 is my favorite guitar. I had to sell mine about ten years ago, and I still miss that beauty. Sorry for the tangent!

335 is my favorite guitar. I had to sell mine about ten years ago, and I still miss that beauty. Sorry for the tangent!

Ha ha, I've heard so many guys say, "I should have never sold that guitar." The 335 must be one of the most versatile guitars out there. I hope you'll be able to replace yours eventually.

Probabl
Another vote for the Colonia. Plus it's a SV Beta 4.3 base.

Grazie! Probably is more difficult and expensive to get the SV Colonia here in Italy (is produced 100Km from me) than buying an American soap from US reseller :(

Years ago when Razorock came into the business - the 1st gen razorock xxx was an exact clone of adp...then he was forced to change the formula and since then the xxx has smelled different.

I don’t know about the current generation- I gave up.

Wish joe would bring back original version.

Top Bottom