What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

I love my ATT Kronos OC 5 piece set. Astra SP have been spectacular in the ATT for me. I've stuck to the R2 mostly so far, but each base plate feels magnificent with the Astra in it. I'm trying out other blades from my sample pack at the moment, but nothing stands out compared to the Astra for me, ofc YMMV.

Yep, the Astra SP just seems to perform nicely in any razor I've tried it in. A very reliable old stand-by!

I will be using my Razor:ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle and the Razor Blade:Wilkinson Sword DE Blade as usual on Monday 13Apr15, my shaving soap will be Vander-Williams Shaving Soap aka Patrick's Blend,my after shave will be Stirling Soap Co. Coniferous. .

My goodness that was quick shipping!!! I guess I'll have to use my new Kronos M1 for my 50th DE shave tomorrow morning. A nice little anniversary if I say so myself ;-)

$IMG_0447.jpg

I was soooo excited the day I received my ATT Kronos R1 the first thing I did was post pictures of it. I couldn't wait to shave with it. Congrats!

I was soooo excited the day I received my ATT Kronos R1 the first thing I did was post pictures of it. I couldn't wait to shave with it. Congrats!

I know, right!!

I'm excited and a lil apprehensive at the same time, though. I've only shaved with one other razor this whole time - a Murker 34G - and I have a very big day tomorrow at UCSF so the OCD part of me wants to keep using the 34G, but the super-excited part of me says go for the M1!!

I've already put a GSB blade in the M1 so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing early tomorrow morning ;-)

$IMG_0448.jpg

I just had my first shave with the Kronos M1 and it was The Bomb!!! A 2-pass Really Damn Fine Shave that was almost intuitive to achieve - if that's even possible?! Before recieving it I had a ton of buyer's remorse and worried that maybe the Feather AS-D2 was the better choice but I've none of those thoughts anymore - this razor is just what I wanted.

:thumbup:

I just had my first shave with the Kronos M1 and it was The Bomb!!! A 2-pass Really Damn Fine Shave that was almost intuitive to achieve - if that's even possible?! Before recieving it I had a ton of buyer's remorse and worried that maybe the Feather AS-D2 was the better choice but I've none of those thoughts anymore - this razor is just what I wanted.

:thumbup:

You'll never go wrong with ATT. I've not even touched another razor since I received my Kronos in early January. It's quite simply The One...

I received and used my M2 head today. I totally see this being my go to when I have to shave twice in a day. Always hard to tell from one use, wasn't super efficient, but got a DFS after two passes and some cleanup... But talk about comfortable? My S2, without a doubt is my favorite razor, and I love the shaves I get from it. That one, for being so mild, (Compared to my R41 or Futur) gives just a super close shave. Guess when my wife comes out of her sticker shock coma, I'm going to have to get a H head. :001_rolle

Last edited:
I received and used my M2 head today. I totally see this being my go to when I have to shave twice in a day. Always hard to tell from one use, wasn't super efficient, but got a DFS after two passes and some cleanup... But talk about comfortable? My S2, without a doubt is my favorite razor, and I love the shaves I get from it. That one, for being so mild, (Compared to my R41 or Futur) gives just a super close shave. Guess when my wife comes out of her sticker shock coma, I'm going to have to get a H head. :001_rolle

Keep us posted on your M2 evaluation :thumbup1:

Just in case you didn't get over to the Brotherhood of Above The Tie Shavers.... my new Kronos M1

full

Last edited by a moderator:

What handle are you using? I find that, especially with mild heads, I find that heavier handles tend to greatly increase efficiency.

Do you ever have a razor sitting in a cupboard somewhere that you never seem to get around to shaving with? I've had an Atlas R1 in mine for about six months now and keep forgetting to get it out and shave with it. Lovely looking razor ...... just haven't wet it yet.

So ....... To remind me ...... I've also ordered a H2 head to go on one of the many handles I have around here.

It would probably be cheaper in the long run if I just used post-it notes ........ Just not as much fun.........

I've been doing a lot of research on purchasing a new razor, and I've made a decision to go with a 5 piece Colossus open comb system.

I started out with a Parker 26C which is an open comb with a 4" handle, so that has influenced my choice. I also have a heavy beard and somewhat sensitive skin where I typically don't shave on the weekends. I think the three different levels of aggressiveness will give me enough options for that first Monday shave, something less aggressive during the week, and a mild one on Friday.

Feel free to comment on my logic, and the best place to purchase.

If you prefer open comb, a long handle and you don't want a slant then I din't see how you could go wrong with that option. The best place to buy is on the Above the Tie website.

Top Bottom