What's new

2016 Auction Teasers! See What You Can Bid On Here!

Time for a Tuesday Teaser! So for your viewing pleasure...

Lot #072 Straight Razor Kit

full

Last edited by a moderator:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Mr Toothpick,
I'll be doing a house call at my in-laws (in-loves, actually) for the purpose of cutting their hair, and doing double duty as an RN, just to get a feel for where they are medically.She lost both breasts to cancer 28 and 29 years ago and they have some old Amway stuff from the seventies they were going to trash. I'll see if it's worth auctioning off and will scarf up any that is and let you know. Thanks for taking this on! Sincerely,

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Mr Toothpick,
I'll be doing a house call at my in-laws (in-loves, actually) for the purpose of cutting their hair, and doing double duty as an RN, just to get a feel for where they are medically.She lost both breasts to cancer 28 and 29 years ago and they have some old Amway stuff from the seventies they were going to trash. I'll see if it's worth auctioning off and will scarf up any that is and let you know. Thanks for taking this on! Sincerely,

Fantastic! I hope your in-laws are in good spirits!

Hi,

Yay!!! Yardley!!!

Crazy, I shall go!

Actually, it has been a long, long time since Yardley and the Rexall drug stores which carried it Went Away. So, given the Mists of Time, I am probably attributing all sorts of Super Shaving Prowess to Yardley which it does not actually have. I am probably better off with the 50/50 mix of Oster Latherservice tallow and Carden Farms glycerine soap which I use these days.

But...that ain't gonna stop me from Bidding Up on that Yardley there. Won't even begin to slow me down, much like CW's brakes did not up on Wolf Creek Pass! ;)

Stan

Stan, I shaved with some vintage Yardley this morning. Yardley may not be as sought after as a egg-layin-milk-pig but I say its worth the hype. Your memory of what it USED to be has been diminished over time ...not embellished. I truly believe time has only made this stuff better.

...and you were able to buy it at the corner store? You sir, are a legend in my own mind. I sincerely hope you win that beautiful bowl full of magic.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Fantastic! I hope your in-laws are in good spirits!

I was over there. Mom was delighted to hear about the auction, she will be donating 6 Amway decanters, still in the box. They are in the shape of a gramophone. Smell good too. There were 7, but I kept one. I believe that they all are the same flavor, lol..."Caliber, an Outspokenly Masculine Scent" ha. Gotta love the 70's!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I was over there. Mom was delighted to hear about the auction, she will be donating 6 Amway decanters, still in the box. They are in the shape of a gramophone. Smell good too. There were 7, but I kept one. I believe that they all are the same flavor, lol..."Caliber, an Outspokenly Masculine Scent" ha. Gotta love the 70's!

Very glad to hear!

Here is the auction donation form: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forms.php?do=form&fid=9

If you are putting all 6 in the auction you can submit it once and we can duplicate it 6x. But that would mean you ship to 6 different people.

Otherwise we can include them all in one lot.

Top Bottom