What's new

2012 Nib Sabbatical

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Best to do it one month at a time. I"m in for January.

I asked for some consultation services, and you told me to buy a pink brush, a pink pen, a pink ink and a Japanese knife with lace doilies ... sheesh! :crying:

I only advocate a pink brush- in particular, the one that was made by Rudy Vey for the Auction for Breast cancer in Sue's name. I commented on it, and got a new custom title :biggrin:

I should definitely participate in this sabbatical. I won't likely buy a fountain pen in 2012, unless a micarta TWSBI becomes a reality or the pen that Jim is on about really floats my boat. Otherwise, the only other purchase will be a bottle of Benevolent Badger, and then I'm done for the year. As an aside, there will be no shaving purchases this year for me. I have nearly everything I could ever want. :001_smile

-Andy

There aren't any pens that I feel a particular need for at the moment. As a matter of fact, the last pen I bought was in August (either the B&B pen or one at the DC pen show, can't remember which.) Considering I paid for my FPN LE in June, I'll count it as going in last year even though it hasn't come yet. However, I wouldn't join in a sabbatical. Not purchasing anything is too big of a commitment. :001_unsur

As an aside, there will be no shaving purchases this year for me. I have nearly everything I could ever want. :001_smile

Famous last words...

But, micarta pen? I could get behind that one. I should probably take some time to fill the 10-pen case that my son ordered for me, though. Off hand, I can put like 6 pens in it. Yikes.

I need to join you in this, and add a few more AD's to the list.
Well that didn't last long! My wife took a CCRN certification test today in the city, which she passed, and left me 3 hours to roam the antique stores just miles away. I found another Esterbrook, light green with a 2556 nib for $15, a Gillette Platinum Plus blade bank full of blades for $1.50, and a blade bank for a single ring set with 4 Blue Blades in the wrappers for $6.00. What was I supposed to do, pretend like they weren't there? Sorry no pics, but it did happen.
Nemo, this one has the squared filler lever, as opposed to the rounded one like the other Este I found. Other than color and nib, looks like the same model.

Last edited:
Oh alright, here's a pic.

Attachments

• $este4.JPG
    $este4.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 49
Unless I fall onto a PFM at a nice price I think I need to throttle back on my acquisitions. I can only realistically carry two pens on my plus a Sharpie and instant read thermometer...

of course I say this now after ordering stuff to resac a pen and am considering pens on Ebay that are known to need new sacs... It just too much fun shopping and having packages show up all the time.

Top Bottom