What's new

1st Shave with Muhle R41

I love my 2011 R41. I was shaving with a CJB and Feather Professionals for a week before receiving it. So coming from that experience, I found the "Beast" with a new Feather blade to be fairly tame and enjoyable. I haven't been bitten by the Beast yet, but my new Fatip managed a small bite on my jaw this morning on it's first shave. I do love aggressive razors.

I love my 2011 R41. I was shaving with a CJB and Feather Professionals for a week before receiving it. So coming from that experience, I found the "Beast" with a new Feather blade to be fairly tame and enjoyable. I haven't been bitten by the Beast yet, but my new Fatip managed a small bite on my jaw this morning on it's first shave. I do love aggressive razors.

I'll be honest with you,and I'm not saying this because I can't get a 2011 anymore. I feel like the 2013 is just perfect,IMHO. I don't think I would enjoy it so much if it was more aggressive than this. Feels just perfect the way it is,comfortable and effective!
Of course as always YMMV and I would like to try a 2011 to have a better understanding.

Thanks for the pm.

Looks like that's the next razor to get once I find "these are the few blades that really work well / I really like with the R89." That's probably a year off since I made myself "the ultimate blade sampler pack."

Thanks for the pm.

Looks like that's the next razor to get once I find "these are the few blades that really work well / I really like with the R89." That's probably a year off since I made myself "the ultimate blade sampler pack."

Haha... Well I hope you find your blade soon. :thumbup1: For now this will be my favorite toy. It's not like I have a whole lot of choices anyway,but so far I like all of them.

Congratulations of the R41. I use the R41G with a made in Japan feather blade. It's a shaving machine. Just be careful if you use a feather blade and try to go ATG under your nose. It can draw some blood. Good Luck

Congratulations of the R41. I use the R41G with a made in Japan feather blade. It's a shaving machine. Just be careful if you use a feather blade and try to go ATG under your nose. It can draw some blood. Good Luck

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. :thumbup1: But honestly I have never had problems going ATG under the nose...
I know, I know... until one day!! :lol:

Not to hi-jack here at all,
But I read that the 2013 model should measure 20mm under the base..?
And if so, what does the 2011 measure ?

Thx. all

Try this.

Place the head of the razor against your cheek with the handle parallel to the floor, or 90 degrees to your face. Keep the head of the razor in contact with your skin at all times and rotate the handle down until you feel the blade contact the skin.

This is good blade angle advice, but I would also suggest doing this on your hand or finger first so you can see the blade making contact with the skin.

Not to hi-jack here at all,
But I read that the 2013 model should measure 20mm under the base..?
And if so, what does the 2011 measure ?

Thx. all

For what I have read and I think it is the general consensus,is that the 2013 cap is 20.2 mm wide and the 2011 is 18.8 mm.
I have seen slightly different measures though, but we are talking tenths of a mm .
Hope it helps.

Nuclear blast, I bought the exact same rose gold R41, loaded it up with an Astra SP, and experienced the same thing that you did. Beautiful razor.

Haha... Well I hope you find your blade soon. :thumbup1: For now this will be my favorite toy. It's not like I have a whole lot of choices anyway,but so far I like all of them.
As I said, about a year off. At least that way I'll be 99% sure to get the 2013 version (what I wanted anyhow).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom