What's new

1000th post SR PIF

Cannot believe that I have reached my 1000th post already. When I returned to wet shaving a couple of years ago, I pulled out my Weck Hair Shaper that I used in college 40 years before and then went to a Feather AC clone, then to straights, then to DE, then injectors, then the real SE and now back to Feather AC but in a safety razor format. Along the way I collected some good razors that are not getting much attention because I found others I like better.

To commemorate my milestone, I am going to PIF one of my two original Weck Hair Shapers from 40 years ago. It may not be the best example of a Weck, but a great introduction into that format (and I really want to convert more folks out there to become Weckens).

Now for the rules:

1. Because I would like to encourage new folks to participate, I am looking for people with between 50 and 150 quality posts.

2. Because I just retired from 30 years of higher education, in additon to saying that you're in, take some time to introduce yourself, how you got interested in wet shaving, and why you want this razor. Just a couple of sentences will do.

3. Because I am cheap (oops, I mean on fixed retirement income), I am limiting this to CONUS only.

I will select the winners in one week and contact them via PM for the address to send to.

This razor will come with a NOS Dianne razor blade loaded (can't guarantee the condition as I did not take the cardboard protector off the blade), and a tube of Tabac Red shaving cream with about 80% left in it.

Get to work! Those with less than 50 posts, you got one week to reach 50.

Not in because I am a couple posts over the limit and I already have 3 Wecks, but congrats on 1000 and very generous of you! To anybody wanting to try a straight, a Weck is a great razor!

Top Bottom