What's new

Phoenixkh: An Old Man's Continuum....

"What "wood" Dr. Freud say?" Small Badaboom. Active imaginations this early in the day.
200w-5.gif

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think I owe my Wolfman WR2 an apology. I loaded up a Perma-Sharp blade last night and shaved this morning before I headed off to work. What a glorious shave. Just like I like them: relaxing, smooth, comfortable yet close.

I’ve been 3017ing a tub of Baume.be lately. I bought this tub used quite some time ago and it was about half full when I got it. It doesn’t affect my skin at all, lathers up like a dream and has wonderful slickness. I used my new “ShaveMac Configurator Closing Inspired” SV gold crown Rosewood handle brush for the first time. It’s just like the other 3 I have, so no surprise there.

I mothballed my 4 Zenith boar brushes until DecemBOAR and that leaves an entire shelf on my door hanging unit to spread out my 8 badger brushes.

I want to thank Richard/ @Mr. Shavington for talking me through my Wolfman plans. I’ve decided to forego the WR4 and just buy a hollow 90mm bronze handle and stand. This will give the lighter weight I prefer for my Timeless bonze 0.38 and brass Bayonetta though they will have to share.

I’m selling my matte finish Timeless Ti 0.68OC because it’s a bit lighter than my preference. I already ordered a scratch and dent SS 0.68OC with a Ti Crown handle to replace it . The gap is perfect for me but I’m afraid a full titanium razor just isn’t something I enjoy. Lots of people love them so I suspect it will find a new home quickly.

I was glad I finally figured out the RR SuperSlant razor. The Kai blade did increase the efficiency. That said, since I’m going to open a BST sales thread, I’m going to sell the SuperSlant with both the L1++OC and L2++ base plates along with a UFO handle and razor stand. I’ll probably throw in the DScosmetic Ti Destroyer handle to sweeten the deal and because I think the weight reduction might appeal to the buyer.

As always, my sales are a bargain for the buyers because I price stuff at below Black Friday sales prices.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just got a Destroyer handle in SS. It has a nice feeling heft to it. What is the advantage of titanium construction over stainless steel, in a handle? Lightness?
It’s a personal preference. When I use a titanium handle with a stainless steel razor head, the balance shifts towards the head instead of the handle.

That’s also why I’m buying the hollow 90mm bronze Wolfman handle. It weighs around 40 grams. The Timeless Ti Crown weighs in at 42.7 grams.

Howard, what are your top three DE blades out of curiosity? Hope your day is going well, my friend.
Eric,
It depends on which razor is up in my rotation, as well as which razor it is following (e.g., there is a lot of difference between following a low efficiency razor versus following a high efficiency razor), etc.
To answer your question, though, right now the iridium super, GSB, and Nacet have edged out some of the others that I also like. Btw, the razor in the photo is the SS .68.

Yes, my day has been wonderful. My wife and I walked at Radnor this morning (beautiful weather), ran some errands, and read some.
Howard
1711652832492.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Eric,
It depends on which razor is up in my rotation, as well as which razor it is following (e.g., there is a lot of difference between following a low efficiency razor versus following a high efficiency razor), etc.
To answer your question, though, right now the iridium super, GSB, and Nacet have edged out some of the others that I also like. Btw, the razor in the photo is the SS .68.

Yes, my day has been wonderful. My wife and I walked at Radnor this morning (beautiful weather), ran some errands, and read some.
Howard
View attachment 1819687
I look forward to walking at Radnor again.

It’s a personal preference. When I use a titanium handle with a stainless steel razor head, the balance shifts towards the head instead of the handle.

That’s also why I’m buying the hollow 90mm bronze Wolfman handle. It weighs around 40 grams. The Timeless Ti Crown weighs in at 42.7 grams.
How my Wolfman were SS head and Ti handle (timeless actually) and there is something to that SS head and Ti handle that lets the head set really nice on the face but remain nimble
I want to get a Timeless .95 plate to try and while I love the Timeless Ti I keep thinking getting a SS plate and use my Ti cap and Ti handle :)

Top Bottom