What's new

Ever lie about using Aqua Velva to avoid the eye-roll?

I was asked by a snoody friend of a work colleague what I was wearing.

Knowing that a eye-roll would be the result of admitting it was Aqua Velva, I told her the first fancy-sounding name starting with an "A" I could think of, and said said it was Artemus:laugh:

Did some checking afterwards, and luckily there is no such aftershave:lol:

I say it with Pride!! AV is hard to beat. There are many who just insist on paying $40 for an AS or see it as "cheap".

If you changed the price of AV to $60 they'd flock to it.

I would be honest, because for all you know she went home and told her SO to scour the stores for "Artemus" because she liked it so much.

I usually shave at night, but when I shave in the morning, I wear pretty mild after shaves to work. Proraso green, Boosters Lime..... Stuff that fades quickly, cause showing up to work at a job site full of guys and smelling too nice is kind of an odd vibe....

NEVER be ashamed of your scent....

ESPECIALLY when a lady asks you about it :yesnod:

Now if the question starts with "*** is that stench".... well.... Maybe it is time to rethink your post shave routine and go with... Sorry I stepped in some (something awful goes in here)

I don't have a problem with saying I wear AV. The summer heat is coming and out comes the AV. It's certainly not as refined as some other blue aftershaves, but it smells good, makes the face feel good, and is priced great. Hold your head up and proudly assert that you wear Aqua Velva!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A family get together last summer in Orlando saw SWMBO and I, my brother and his family, my mom, our foster sister and a family friend all in the same 6-bedroom house. After shaving one morning and applying AV, I had two comments of "You smell nice. What is it?" Normally it is just "You smell." :001_rolle No embarrassment in answering Aqua Velva. :thumbup1:

I like AV. The wife likes it too. HEB Groceries, around here, makes an AV knock-off, by Hill Country, it smells similar, if not a little better, at half the price. Win, win.

I got a whiff of AV musk and was disgusted by it. It was way too strong.
Icy blue any different?

I guess I like sporty scents like adidas and calvin klein ish smells.

Old spice was slightly less odorous than the AV musk, so I grabbed a bottle to try.

I got a whiff of AV musk and was disgusted by it. It was way too strong.
Icy blue any different?

I guess I like sporty scents like adidas and calvin klein ish smells.

Old spice was slightly less odorous than the AV musk, so I grabbed a bottle to try.

I like AV Musk, and find it mild. My wife REALLY likes it and finds it hot! :w00t:

so guess what I wear... :tongue_sm

I say be proud brother! I wear Family Dollar brand (vijon) old spice knock off from time to time. I mean I still stay it's old spice but i'm 28 and sell luxury cars for a living. I'm expected to wear exotic scents lol. I mostly wear pinaud clubman which may still be regarded as cheap by some snooty folks.

Top Bottom