What's new

Merkur 37C Slant

I should be receiving my 37C in the mail today. It was supposed to arrive on Monday but it never showed up. I hope it didn't get lost. I can't wait to give it a try.

Love my 37c also. I've been sick for a few days and hadn't shaved since Sunday. Loaded up my Slant with a fresh Astra blade and had a great shave this morning. Mowed through those three days of growth like butter. No nicks, cuts or irritation. Great razor.

I just ordered a 37c as well to add to my 58'SS and R41. Think I'll be done buying razors for a while after this comes.

I just bought a 37c from Imperial Shaving. I've used it 4 times now and absolutely love it. "Mildly efficient" seems like an excellent way to describe how it works.

Just tried my new 37C slant for the first time and all I can say is AMAZING! This will now be my go to razor. It produced the easiest and smoothest shave that I have ever had. I would recommend this razor to anyone.

The Slant is a "great" razor. Fairly mild-to-medium in terms of aggressiveness, and very efficient. My slant is one of the only 3x razors that I own (Merkur Progress, '65 Slim, 37C):
proxy.php

Will

I've heard that quality control is some times a bit lacking at Merkur. Complaints about rough edges from molding etc.

What are your findings on this?

When at home I've been shaving every day for three years with my slant. I have a couple of other safety razors but the Merkur 37 C slant beats them all. It took a bit of getting used too though.... I started DE shaving with a Merkur 34 C (which I still use when travelling) and graduated to a Merkur 11 C open comb. I went back and forth between my three razors before I was able to use the slant every day.

my merkur-made Hoffritz slant is my go-to-razor. best result by far. I've not tried it for a head shave, not sure that I have the cojones for that.

Good to see all of this information. I have been interested in the 37C for a while (have it on my WCS wishlist) but had heard a lot about it being too agressive so I'm glad to hear it isn't bad. Now the debate is the 37C or the long handle 39C.

I'm also interested in a slant but I heard it's really meant for more agressive stubble. I don't have thick stubble so I'm a little worried about hacking my face to pieces.
Been using a Merkur 23C long handle for 6 months now and love it but I'm looking to take things to the next level.

Good to see all of this information. I have been interested in the 37C for a while (have it on my WCS wishlist) but had heard a lot about it being too agressive so I'm glad to hear it isn't bad. Now the debate is the 37C or the long handle 39C.
There is really no debate, just personal preference between handles. I rotate each equally.

I'm also interested in a slant but I heard it's really meant for more agressive stubble. I don't have thick stubble so I'm a little worried about hacking my face to pieces.
Been using a Merkur 23C long handle for 6 months now and love it but I'm looking to take things to the next level.

I haven't drawn any blood with the Slant, even when I get a little sloppy. It is not a dangerous razor by any means

there is much drama in the world of wetshaving - frequent use of words like beast, bloodletting, artery-severing, widow-maker, throat-cutting, hacking, butchering etc - none of these highly vivid terms really deserves any place in our vocabulary. IF you make a sound lather, AND you take your time, AND you don't use any pressure, AND you don't try to get all the whiskers off in one go instead doing so in 2-3 passes, AND you concentrate on technique, you WILL have a good/great shave experience. none of these things are extraordinary when you consider you are sliding a sharp blade over your face.

get the slant - take your time - you will be fine

Last edited:
Top Bottom